Toward Effective Codes: Testing the Relationship with Unethical Behavior
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Podsakoff, Philip M. & Bommer, William H. & Podsakoff, Nathan P. & MacKenzie, Scott B., 2006. "Relationships between leader reward and punishment behavior and subordinate attitudes, perceptions, and behaviors: A meta-analytic review of existing and new research," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 113-142, March.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Lee, D. Scott & Martin, Gerald S., 2008. "The Cost to Firms of Cooking the Books," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 581-611, September.
- Lars-Eric Petersen & Franciska Krings, 2009. "Are Ethical Codes of Conduct Toothless Tigers for Dealing with Employment Discrimination?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(4), pages 501-514, April.
- Sikkink, Kathryn, 1986. "Codes of conduct for transnational corporations: the case of the WHO/UNICEF code," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 815-840, October.
- Muel Kaptein & Mark Schwartz, 2008. "The Effectiveness of Business Codes: A Critical Examination of Existing Studies and the Development of an Integrated Research Model," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 77(2), pages 111-127, January.
- TreviÃ±o, Linda Klebe & Butterfield, Kenneth D. & McCabe, Donald L., 1998. "The Ethical Context in Organizations: Influences on Employee Attitudes and Behaviors," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 447-476, July.
- Singh, Jang & Carasco, Emily & Svensson, Goran & Wood, Greg & Callaghan, Michael, 2005. "A comparative study of the contents of corporate codes of ethics in Australia, Canada and Sweden," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 91-109, February.
- Ennio Lugli & Ulpiana Kocollari & Chiara Nigrisoli, 2009. "The Codes of Ethics of S&P/MIB Italian Companies: An Investigation of Their Contents and the Main Factors that Influence Their Adoption," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 33-45, January.
- Sven Helin & Johan SandstrÃ¶m, 2007. "An Inquiry into the Study of Corporate Codes of Ethics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 75(3), pages 253-271, October.
- McCabe, Donald L. & Trevino, Linda Klebe & Butterfield, Kenneth D., 1996. "The Influence of Collegiate and Corporate Codes of Conduct on Ethics-Related Behavior in the Workplace," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 461-476, October.
- Catherine C Langlois & Bodo B Shlegemilch, 1990. "Do Corporate Codes of Ethics Reflect National Character? Evidence from Europe and the United States," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 21(4), pages 519-539, December.
- Betsy Stevens, 2008. "Corporate Ethical Codes: Effective Instruments For Influencing Behavior," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 78(4), pages 601-609, April.
- Mayer, David M. & Kuenzi, Maribeth & Greenbaum, Rebecca & Bardes, Mary & Salvador, Rommel (Bombie), 2009. "How low does ethical leadership flow? Test of a trickle-down model," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-13, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Louise Osemeke & Emmanuel Adegbite, 2016. "Regulatory Multiplicity and Conflict: Towards a Combined Code on Corporate Governance in Nigeria," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(3), pages 431-451, February.
- Giovanni Garegnani & Emilia Merlotti & Angeloantonio Russo, 2015. "Scoring Firms’ Codes of Ethics: An Explorative Study of Quality Drivers," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 126(4), pages 541-557, February.
- Adenekan Dedeke, 2015. "A Cognitive–Intuitionist Model of Moral Judgment," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 126(3), pages 437-457, February.
- Lauren Kleynjans & Marek Hudon, 2016. "A Study of Codes of Ethics for Mexican Microfinance Institutions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 397-412, March.
- Virginia Bodolica & Martin Spraggon, 2015. "An Examination into the Disclosure, Structure, and Contents of Ethical Codes in Publicly Listed Acquiring Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 126(3), pages 459-472, February.
- Omneya Abdelsalam & Marwa Elnahass & Sabur Mollah, 2018. "Religiosity and Bank Asset Securitization," Working Papers 2018-13, Swansea University, School of Management.
- Calderón Reyes & Ferrero Ignacio & Redin Dulce M., 2013.
"Ethical codes and corporate responsibility of the most admired companies of the world: Toward a third generation ethics?,"
Business and Politics,
De Gruyter, vol. 14(4), pages 1-24, January.
- CalderÃ³n, Reyes & Ferrero, Ignacio & Redin, Dulce M., 2012. "Ethical codes and corporate responsibility of the most admired companies of the world: Toward a third generation ethics?," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 1-24, December.
- Reyes CalderÃ³n & Ignacio Ferrero & Dulce Redin, 2012. "Ethical Codes and Corporate Responsibility of the Most Admired Companies of the World: Towards a Third Generation Ethics?," Faculty Working Papers 09/12, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Muel Kaptein, 2015. "The Effectiveness of Ethics Programs: The Role of Scope, Composition, and Sequence," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 132(2), pages 415-431, December.
- Barkemeyer, Ralf & Preuss, Lutz & Ohana, Marc, 2018. "Developing country firms and the challenge of corruption: Do company commitments mirror the quality of national-level institutions?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 26-39.
- Bram Constandt & Els Waegeneer & Annick Willem, 2019. "Ethical Code Effectiveness in Football Clubs: A Longitudinal Analysis," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 156(3), pages 621-634, May.
- Els Waegeneer & Jeroen Sompele & Annick Willem, 2016. "Ethical Codes in Sports Organizations: Classification Framework, Content Analysis, and the Influence of Content on Code Effectiveness," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 587-598, July.
- Praveen Aggarwal & Rajiv Vaidyanathan & Stephen Castleberry, 2012. "Managerial and Public Attitudes Toward Ethics in Marketing Research," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 109(4), pages 463-481, September.
- Dariusz Turek & Agnieszka Wojtczuk-Turek, 2011. "Competence as a determinant of employees' unethical behavior (Kompetencyjne uwarunkowania nieetycznego zachowania pracownikow)," Problemy Zarzadzania, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 9(34a), pages 127-146.
- Loreta Bebi & Brunilda Llaftiu, 2015. "Ethical Decision Making Process of Albanian Accountants: the Impact of Organizational Factors," European Journal of Economics and Business Studies Articles, European Center for Science Education and Research, vol. 2, May-Augus.
- Matt Statler & David Oliver, 2016. "The Moral of the Story: Re-framing Ethical Codes of Conduct as Narrative Processes," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(1), pages 89-100, June.
- Thomas Stöber & Peter Kotzian & Barbara E. Weißenberger, 2019. "Design matters: on the impact of compliance program design on corporate ethics," Business Research, Springer;German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 12(2), pages 383-424, December.
- Xiaolin Lin & Paul F. Clay & Nick Hajli & Majid Dadgar, 2018. "Investigating the Impacts of Organizational Factors on Employees’ Unethical Behavior Within Organization in the Context of Chinese Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 150(3), pages 779-791, July.
- Abdelsalam, Omneya & Dimitropoulos, Panagiotis & Elnahass, Marwa & Leventis, Stergios, 2016. "Earnings management behaviors under different monitoring mechanisms: The case of Islamic and conventional banks," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 155-173.
- Guillaume Mercier & Ghislain Deslandes, 2017. "There are no Codes, Only Interpretations. Practical Wisdom and Hermeneutics in Monastic Organizations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 145(4), pages 781-794, November.
- Ahmed Musbah & Christopher J. Cowton & David Tyfa, 2016. "The Role of Individual Variables, Organizational Variables and Moral Intensity Dimensions in Libyan Management Accountants’ Ethical Decision Making," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 335-358, March.
- Kai D. Bussmann & Anja Niemeczek, 2019. "Compliance Through Company Culture and Values: An International Study Based on the Example of Corruption Prevention," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 157(3), pages 797-811, July.
- Laurence Romani & Betina Szkudlarek, 2014. "The Struggles of the Interculturalists: Professional Ethical Identity and Early Stages of Codes of Ethics Development," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 119(2), pages 173-191, January.
- Isabel-María García-Sánchez & Luis Rodríguez-Domínguez & José-Valeriano Frías-Aceituno, 2015. "Board of Directors and Ethics Codes in Different Corporate Governance Systems," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(3), pages 681-698, October.
More about this item
Keywordsbusiness code of ethics; unethical behavior; communication; leadership; compliance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:99:y:2011:i:2:p:233-251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.