Analyzing Insider Trading from the Perspectives of Utilitarian Ethics and Rights Theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Johan P. Olsen & James G. March, 2004. "The logic of appropriateness," ARENA Working Papers 9, ARENA.
- Cornell, Bradford & Sirri, Erik R, 1992. " The Reaction of Investors and Stock Prices to Insider Trading," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1031-1059, July.
- Meulbroek, Lisa K, 1992. " An Empirical Analysis of Illegal Insider Trading," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1661-1699, December.
- Leslie A. Jeng & Andrew Metrick & Richard Zeckhauser, "undated". "Estimating the Returns to Insider Trading," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 19-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Salbu, Steven R., 1992. "A Critical Analysis of Misappropriation Theory in Insider Trading Cases," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 465-477, October.
- Antonio E. Bernardo, 2001. "Contractual restrictions on insider trading: a welfare analysis," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 18(1), pages 7-35.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jinhua Cui & Hoje Jo & Yan Li, 2015. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Insider Trading," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 130(4), pages 869-887, September.
- Millicent Chang & Yilin Lim, 2016. "Late Disclosure of Insider Trades: Who Does It and Why?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(3), pages 519-531, February.
More about this item
Keywordsinsider trading; ethics; utilitarian; rights theory; level playing field; asymmetric information; fiduciary duty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:91:y:2010:i:1:p:65-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.