National Culture, Economic Development, Population Growth and Environmental Performance: The Mediating Role of Education
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward L. Glaeser & Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1999. "Population and Economic Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 145-149, May.
- Susumu Ueno & Uma Sekaran, 1992. "The Influence of Culture on Budget Control Practices in the USA and Japan: An Empirical Study," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(4), pages 659-674, December.
- Antonio Andrés, 2006. "The relationship between copyright software protection and piracy: Evidence from europe," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 29-51, January.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Stephen Knowles, 2002. "Social Capital and National Environmental Performance: A Cross-sectional Analysis," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0206, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Chow, Chee W. & Shields, Michael D. & Wu, Anne, 1999. "The importance of national culture in the design of and preference for management controls for multi-national operations," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-6), pages 441-461, July.
- Epstein, Marc & Roy, Marie-Josée, 1998. "Managing corporate environmental performance:: A multinational perspective," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 284-296, June.
- Mendelsohn, Robert, 1994. "Property Rights and Tropical Deforestation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 750-756, Supplemen.
- Keith D Brouthers & Lance Eliot Brouthers, 2001. "Explaining the National Cultural Distance Paradox," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(1), pages 177-189, March.
- Karen L Newman & Stanley D Nollen, 1996. "Culture and Congruence: The Fit Between Management Practices and national Culture," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(4), pages 753-779, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Ralston & Carolyn Egri & Olivier Furrer & Min-Hsun Kuo & Yongjuan Li & Florian Wangenheim & Marina Dabic & Irina Naoumova & Katsuhiko Shimizu & María Garza Carranza & Ping Fu & Vojko Potocan & A, 2014. "Societal-Level Versus Individual-Level Predictions of Ethical Behavior: A 48-Society Study of Collectivism and Individualism," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 283-306.
- Disli, Mustafa & Ng, Adam & Askari, Hossein, 2016. "Culture, income, and CO2 emission," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 418-428.
- repec:spr:jknowl:v:8:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13132-015-0278-z is not listed on IDEAS
- David Ralston & Carolyn Egri & Emmanuelle Reynaud & Narasimhan Srinivasan & Olivier Furrer & David Brock & Ruth Alas & Florian Wangenheim & Fidel Darder & Christine Kuo & Vojko Potocan & Audra Mockait, 2011. "A Twenty-First Century Assessment of Values Across the Global Workforce," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 1-31.
- Naz Onel & Avinandan Mukherjee, 2014. "The effects of national culture and human development on environmental health," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 79-101, February.
- Xinran Wang & Michael Young, 2014. "Does Collectivism Affect Environmental Ethics? A Multi-level Study of Top Management Teams from Chemical Firms in China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 122(3), pages 387-394, July.
- Gallego-Álvarez, Prof. Isabel & Ortas, Prof. Eduardo, 2017. "Corporate environmental sustainability reporting in the context of national cultures: A quantile regression approach," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 337-353.
More about this item
Keywordsnational culture; environmental performance; education; cross-cultural; ethical behavior;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:90:y:2009:i:2:p:203-219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .