Market Fairness: The Poor Country Cousin of Market Efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Dugast & T. Foucault, 2014.
"False News, Informational Efficiency, and Price Reversals,"
513, Banque de France.
- FOUCAULT, Thierry & DUGAST, Jérôme, 2014. "False News, Informational Efficiency, and Price Reversals," HEC Research Papers Series 1036, HEC Paris.
- Jjrrme Dugast & Thierry Foucault, 2014. "False News, Informational Efficiency, and Price Reversals," Working Papers hal-02058260, HAL.
- Hendershott, Terrence & Riordan, Ryan, 2013. "Algorithmic Trading and the Market for Liquidity," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(4), pages 1001-1024, August.
- Menkveld, Albert J., 2013. "High frequency trading and the new market makers," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 712-740.
- Thomas H. McInish & James Upson, 2013. "The Quote Exception Rule: Giving High Frequency Traders an Unintended Advantage," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 42(3), pages 481-501, September.
- Hendershott, Terrence & Moulton, Pamela C., 2011. "Automation, speed, and stock market quality: The NYSE's Hybrid," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 568-604, November.
- Jonathan Brogaard & Terrence Hendershott & Ryan Riordan, 2014. "High-Frequency Trading and Price Discovery," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(8), pages 2267-2306.
- Terrence Hendershott & Charles M. Jones & Albert J. Menkveld, 2011. "Does Algorithmic Trading Improve Liquidity?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(1), pages 1-33, February.
- Hasbrouck, Joel & Saar, Gideon, 2013. "Low-latency trading," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 646-679.
- Yan, Bingcheng & Zivot, Eric, 2010. "A structural analysis of price discovery measures," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Albert S. Kyle & S. Viswanathan, 2008. "How to Define Illegal Price Manipulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 274-279, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Jun & Fu, Xiaoming & Morris, Harry, 2019. "Construction of indicator system of regional economic system impact factors based on fractional differential equations," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 25-33.
- Agapova, Anna & Madura, Jeff & Volkov, Nikanor, 2020. "Information leakage of ADRs Prior to company issued guidance," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gerig, Austin & Michayluk, David, 2017. "Automated liquidity provision," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-13.
- Friederich, Sylvain & Payne, Richard, 2015. "Order-to-trade ratios and market liquidity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 214-223.
- Zhou, Hao & Kalev, Petko S., 2019. "Algorithmic and high frequency trading in Asia-Pacific, now and the future," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 186-207.
- Carrion, Allen, 2013. "Very fast money: High-frequency trading on the NASDAQ," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 680-711.
- Ben Ammar, Imen & Hellara, Slaheddine & Ghadhab, Imen, 2020. "High-frequency trading and stock liquidity: An intraday analysis," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
- Keim, Donald B & Massa, Massimo & von Beschwitz, Bastian, 2015. "First to “Read” the News: News Analytics and Institutional Trading," CEPR Discussion Papers 10534, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chordia, Tarun & Miao, Bin, 2020. "Market efficiency in real time: Evidence from low latency activity around earnings announcements," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2).
- Austin Gerig & David Michayluk, 2010. "Automated Liquidity Provision and the Demise of Traditional Market Making," Papers 1007.2352, arXiv.org.
- Anand, Amber & Venkataraman, Kumar, 2016. "Market conditions, fragility, and the economics of market making," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 327-349.
- Zhou, Hao & Elliott, Robert J. & Kalev, Petko S., 2019. "Information or noise: What does algorithmic trading incorporate into the stock prices?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 27-39.
- Syamala, Sudhakara Reddy & Wadhwa, Kavita, 2020. "Trading performance and market efficiency: Evidence from algorithmic trading," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Delaney, Laura, 2018. "Investment in high-frequency trading technology: A real options approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 270(1), pages 375-385.
- Robert J. Kauffman & Yuzhou Hu & Dan Ma, 2015. "Will high-frequency trading practices transform the financial markets in the Asia Pacific Region?," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 1-27, December.
- Bank, Matthias & Baumann, Ralf H., 2016. "Price formation, market quality and the effects of reduced latency in the very short run," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 629-645.
- Bizzozero, Paolo & Flepp, Raphael & Franck, Egon, 2018. "The effect of fast trading on price discovery and efficiency: Evidence from a betting exchange," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 126-143.
- Murray, Hamish & Pham, Thu Phuong & Singh, Harminder, 2016. "Latency reduction and market quality: The case of the Australian Stock Exchange," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 257-265.
- Hautsch, Nikolaus & Noé, Michael & Zhang, S. Sarah, 2017. "The ambivalent role of high-frequency trading in turbulent market periods," CFS Working Paper Series 580, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Breedon, Francis & Chen, Louisa & Ranaldo, Angelo & Vause, Nicholas, 2018.
"Judgement Day: algorithmic trading around the Swiss franc cap removal,"
Bank of England working papers
711, Bank of England.
- Francis Breedon & Louisa Chen & Angelo Ranaldo & Nicholas Vause, 2019. "Judgment Day: Algorithmic Trading Around The Swiss Franc Cap Removal," Working Papers on Finance 1912, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Francis Breedon & Louisa Chen & Angelo Ranaldo & Nicholas Vause, 2018. "Judgement Day: Algorithmic Trading Around the Swiss Franc Cap Removal," Working Papers on Finance 1808, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Adrian, Tobias & Capponi, Agostino & Fleming, Michael & Vogt, Erik & Zhang, Hongzhong, 2020.
"Intraday market making with overnight inventory costs,"
Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 50(C).
- Tobias Adrian & Agostino Capponi & Michael J. Fleming & Erik Vogt & Hongzhong Zhang, 2016. "Intraday market making with overnight inventory costs," Staff Reports 799, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Adrian, Tobias & Capponi, Agostino & Vogt, Erik & Zhang, Hongzhong, 2017. "Intraday Market Making with Overnight Inventory Costs," CEPR Discussion Papers 12245, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yang, Haijun & Ge, Hengshun & Luo, Ying, 2020. "The optimal bid-ask price strategies of high-frequency trading and the effect on market liquidity," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
More about this item
KeywordsMarket quality; Market fairness; Manipulation; Information leakage; Algorithmic trading;
All these keywords.
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:147:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2964-y. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.