Determinants of GHG Reporting: An Analysis of Global Oil and Gas Companies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sinclair-Desgagne, Bernard & Gozlan, Estelle, 2003. "A theory of environmental risk disclosure," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(2, Supple), pages 377-393, March.
- Breeda Comyns & Frank Figge, 2015. "Greenhouse gas reporting quality in the oil and gas industry: A longitudinal study using the typology of “search”, “experience” and “credence” information," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(3), pages 403-433, March.
- Cowen, Scott S. & Ferreri, Linda B. & Parker, Lee D., 1987. "The impact of corporate characteristics on social responsibility disclosure: A typology and frequency-based analysis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 111-122, March.
- Aerts, Walter & Cormier, Denis, 2009. "Media legitimacy and corporate environmental communication," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Jan Bebbington & Colin Higgins & Bob Frame, 2009. "Initiating sustainable development reporting: evidence from New Zealand," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(4), pages 588-625, May.
- Stephen Brammer & Stephen Pavelin, 2006. "Voluntary Environmental Disclosures by Large UK Companies," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(7-8), pages 1168-1188.
- Neu, D. & Warsame, H. & Pedwell, K., 1998. "Managing public impressions: environmental disclosures in annual reports," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 265-282, April.
- Patten, Dennis M., 1992. "Intra-industry environmental disclosures in response to the Alaskan oil spill: A note on legitimacy theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 471-475, July.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:35:y:2011:i:1:p:19-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deegan, Craig & Blomquist, Christopher, 2006. "Stakeholder influence on corporate reporting: An exploration of the interaction between WWF-Australia and the Australian minerals industry," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(4-5), pages 343-372.
- Céline Kauffmann & Cristina Tébar Less & Dorothee Teichmann, 2012. "Corporate Greenhouse Gas Emission Reporting: A Stocktaking of Government Schemes," OECD Working Papers on International Investment 2012/1, OECD Publishing.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:21:y:2010:i:1:p:76-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- Evangeline Elijido-Ten & Louise Kloot & Peter Clarkson, 2010. "Extending the application of stakeholder influence strategies to environmental disclosures: An exploratory study from a developing country," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(8), pages 1032-1059, October.
- Shidi Dong & Roger Burritt, 2010. "Cross-sectional benchmarking of social and environmental reporting practice in the australian oil and gas industry," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 108-118.
- Brendan O'Dwyer & Jeffrey Unerman & Elaine Hession, 2005. "User needs in sustainability reporting: Perspectives of stakeholders in Ireland," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 759-787.
- Cedric Dawkins & John Fraas, 2011. "Coming Clean: The Impact of Environmental Performance and Visibility on Corporate Climate Change Disclosure," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 100(2), pages 303-322, May.
- Michaela Rankin & Carolyn Windsor & Dina Wahyuni, 2011. "An investigation of voluntary corporate greenhouse gas emissions reporting in a market governance system: Australian evidence," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(8), pages 1037-1070, October.
- Levy David L. & Kolk Ans, 2002. "Strategic Responses to Global Climate Change: Conflicting Pressures on Multinationals in the Oil Industry," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(3), pages 1-27, November.
- Peter M. Clarkson & Michael B. Overell & Larelle Chapple, 2011. "Environmental Reporting and its Relation to Corporate Environmental Performance," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 47(1), pages 27-60, March.
- Patten, Dennis M., 1991. "Exposure, legitimacy, and social disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 297-308.
- Aerts, Walter & Cormier, Denis & Magnan, Michel, 2006. "Intra-industry imitation in corporate environmental reporting: An international perspective," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 299-331.
- Freedman, Martin & Jaggi, Bikki, 2005. "Global warming, commitment to the Kyoto protocol, and accounting disclosures by the largest global public firms from polluting industries," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 215-232.
- Roberts, Robin W., 1992. "Determinants of corporate social responsibility disclosure: An application of stakeholder theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 595-612, August.
- H. Baker & Gary Powell & Daniel Weaver, 1998. "The effect of NYSE listing on a firm’s media visibility," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 22(1), pages 19-28, March.
- Ans Kolk & David Levy & Jonatan Pinkse, 2008. "Corporate Responses in an Emerging Climate Regime: The Institutionalization and Commensuration of Carbon Disclosure," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 719-745.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cano-Rodríguez, Manuel & Márquez-Illescas, Gilberto & Núñez-Níckel, Manuel, 2017. "Experts or rivals: Mimicry and voluntary disclosure," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 46-54.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:158:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s10551-017-3702-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:4:p:1267-:d:142182 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:bracre:v:51:y:2019:i:3:p:277-298 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:8:p:2611-:d:159925 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; Greenhouse gas emissions; Oil and gas industry; Sustainability reporting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:136:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-014-2517-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.