“What Good is Wall Street?” Institutional Contradiction and the Diffusion of the Stigma over the Finance Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rodolphe Durand & Lionel Paolella, 2013. "Category Stretching: Reorienting Research on Categories in Strategy, Entrepreneurship, and Organization Theory," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(6), pages 1100-1123, September.
- Irene Herremans & M. Herschovis & Stephanie Bertels, 2009. "Leaders and Laggards: The Influence of Competing Logics on Corporate Environmental Action," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 89(3), pages 449-472, October.
- Durand , Rodolphe & Paolella , Lionel, 2013. "Category Stretching: Reorienting Research on Categories in Strategy, Entrepreneurship, and Organization Theory," HEC Research Papers Series 996, HEC Paris.
- Rodolphe Durand & Lionel Paolella, 2013. "Category Stretching: Reorienting Research on Categories in Strategy, Entrepreneurship, and Organization Theory," Post-Print hal-01026129, HAL.
- Durand , Rodolphe & Vergne , Jean-Philippe, 2014. "Asset Divestment as a Response to Media Attacks in Stigmatized Industries," HEC Research Papers Series 1041, HEC Paris.
- Tim Groseclose & Jeffrey Milyo, 2005. "A Measure of Media Bias," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(4), pages 1191-1237.
- Jo-Ellen Pozner, 2008. "Stigma and Settling Up: An Integrated Approach to the Consequences of Organizational Misconduct for Organizational Elites," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 80(1), pages 141-150, June.
- Thoroughgood, Christian N. & Padilla, Art, 2013. "Destructive Leadership and the Penn State Scandal: A Toxic Triangle Perspective," Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 144-149, June.
- Dubois, Anna & Gadde, Lars-Erik, 2002. "Systematic combining: an abductive approach to case research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(7), pages 553-560, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leaver, Meghan & Reader, Tom W., 2017. "Safety culture in financial trading: an analysis of trading misconduct investigations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69210, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:146:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2932-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:154:y:2019:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-017-3463-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:147:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2965-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Roulet, Thomas, 2015.
"Qu’il est bon d’être méchant! Paradoxe de l’illégitimité organisationnelle dans le contexte des banques d’investissement
[It feels so good to be bad! Paradox of organizational illegitimacy in the c," MPRA Paper 61811, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Clemente, Marco & Roulet, Thomas, 2015. "Public Opinion as a Source of Deinstitutionalization: A 'Spiral of Silence' Approach," MPRA Paper 60130, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van Hoorn, Andre, 2015. "Organizational Culture in the Financial Sector: Evidence from a Cross-Industry Analysis of Employee Personal Values and Career," MPRA Paper 67222, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:158:y:2019:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-017-3752-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Roulet, 2019. "Les Evaluations Sociales en Stratégie : Légitimité, Réputation, Statut, Stigmate et Cie," Post-Print hal-01970557, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsOrganizational stigma; Institutional logics; Shareholder value maximization; Rhetoric; Banks; Discourse;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:130:y:2015:i:2:p:389-402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.