Ad Valorem Taxation on Intermediate Goods in Oligopoly
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Delipalla, Sofia & Keen, Michael, 1992.
"The comparison between ad valorem and specific taxation under imperfect competition,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 351-367, December.
- Sofia Delipalla & Michael Keen, 1991. "The Comparison Between Ad Valorem and Specific Taxation under Imperfect Competition," Working Papers 821, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Myles, Gareth D, 1989.
"Imperfect Competition and the Taxation of Intermediate Goods,"
Public Finance = Finances publiques,
, vol. 44(1), pages 62-74.
- Myles, G.D., 1989. "Imperfect Competition And The Taxation Of Intermediate Goods," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 315, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Gottfried, Peter & Wiegard, Wolfgang, 1991. "Exemption versus zero rating : A hidden problem of VAT," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 307-328, December.
- Diamond, Peter A & Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "Optimal Taxation and Public Production: I--Production Efficiency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 8-27, March.
- Myles,Gareth D., 1995. "Public Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521497695.
- Seade, J, 1985. "Profitable Cost Increases and the Shifting of Taxation : Equilibrium Response of Markets in Oligopoly," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 260, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Ebrill, Liam P. & Slutsky, Steven M., 1990. "Production efficiency and optimal pricing in intermediate-good regulated industries," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 417-442, September.
- Konishi, Hideki, 1990. "Final and intermediate goods taxation in an oligopolistic economy with free entry," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 371-386, August.
- Gareth Myles, 1996. "Imperfect competition and the optimal combination of ad valorem and specific taxation," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 3(1), pages 29-44, January.
- D. B. Suits & R. A. Musgrave, 1953. "Ad Valorem and Unit Taxes Compared," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 598-604.
- Skeath, Susan E. & Trandel, Gregory A., 1994. "A Pareto comparison of ad valorem and unit taxes in noncompetitive environments," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 53-71, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Di Giacomo, Marina & Piacenza, Massimiliano & Turati, Gilberto, 2012. "Are “flexible” taxation mechanisms effective in stabilizing fuel prices? An evaluation considering wholesale fuel markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1176-1186.
- Di Giacomo, Marina & Piacenza, Massimiliano & Scervini, Francesco & Turati, Gilberto, 2015.
"Should we resurrect ‘TIPP flottante’ if oil price booms again? Specific taxes as fuel consumer price stabilizers,"
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 544-552.
- Marina Di Giacomo & Massimiliano Piacenza & Francesco Scervini & Gilberto Turati, 2014. "Should We Resurrect TIPP Flottante if Oil Price Booms Again? Specific Taxes as Fuel Consumer Price Stabilizers," Working papers 027, Department of Economics and Statistics (Dipartimento di Scienze Economico-Sociali e Matematico-Statistiche), University of Torino.
- Steve Mccorriston & Ian Sheldon, 2005.
"Export Competition and the Remission of Domestic Environmental Taxes,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 12(5), pages 627-637, September.
- McCorriston, Steve & Sheldon, Ian M., 2003. "Export Competition And The Remission Of Domestic Environmental Taxes," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21994, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Horacio L. P. Piffano, 2007. "Argentina and Brazil: Fiscal Harmonization and Subnational Sales Taxation – State / Provincial VAT versus State / Provincial Retail Sales Tax," Department of Economics, Working Papers 069, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal commodity taxation; Value added taxation; Cascade taxation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:8:y:2001:i:1:p:53-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.