Long-term care provision, hospital bed blocking, and discharge destination for hip fracture and stroke patients
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cookson R & Laudicella M, 2009. "Do the poor still cost more? The relationship between small area income deprivation and length of stay for elective hip replacement in the English NHS from 2001/2 to 2006/7," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- K. Bolin & B. Lindgren & P. Lundborg, 2008.
"Informal and formal care among single-living elderly in Europe,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 393-409.
- K. Bolin & B. Lindgren & P. Lundborg, 2007. "Informal and Formal Care among Single-living Elderly in Europe," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-031/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bonsang, Eric, 2009.
"Does informal care from children to their elderly parents substitute for formal care in Europe?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 143-154, January.
- Eric Bonsang, 2008. "Does Informal Care from Children to their Elderly Parents Substitute for Formal Care in Europe?," CREPP Working Papers 0801, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Bryan, Karen & Gage, Heather & Gilbert, Ken, 2006. "Delayed transfers of older people from hospital: Causes and policy implications," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 194-201, April.
- de Meijer, Claudine & Koopmanschap, Marc & d' Uva, Teresa Bago & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2011. "Determinants of long-term care spending: Age, time to death or disability?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 425-438, March.
- Jose-Luis Fernandez & J. Forder, 2008. "Consequences of local variations in social care on the performance of the acute health care sector," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(12), pages 1503-1518.
- Tor Holmås & Mohammad Kamrul Islam & Egil Kjerstad, 2013. "Between two beds: inappropriately delayed discharges from hospitals," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 201-217, December.
- Gabriel Picone & R. Mark Wilson & Shin-Yi Chou, 2003. "Analysis of hospital length of stay and discharge destination using hazard functions with unmeasured heterogeneity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(12), pages 1021-1034.
- Glendinning, Caroline, 2003. "Breaking down barriers: integrating health and care services for older people in England," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 139-151, August.
- James Gaughan & Hugh Gravelle & Luigi Siciliani, 2014. "Testing the bed-blocking hypothesis: does higher supply of nursing and care homes reduce delayed hospital discharges?," Working Papers 102cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Van Houtven, Courtney Harold & Norton, Edward C., 2004. "Informal care and health care use of older adults," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1159-1180, November.
- Julien Forder, 2009. "Long-term care and hospital utilisation by older people: an analysis of substitution rates," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(11), pages 1322-1338.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Adriana Castelli & Mauro Laudicella & Andrew Street, 2008. "Measuring NHS Output Growth," Working Papers 043cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197.
- James Gaughan & Hugh Gravelle & Rita Santos & Luigi Siciliani, 2013. "Long term care provision, hospital length of stay and discharge destination for hip fracture and stroke patients," Working Papers 086cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Stephen Allan & Julien Forder, 2015. "The Determinants of Care Home Closure," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24, pages 132-145, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Quitterie Roquebert & Remi Kabore & Jerome Wittwer, 2018. "Decentralized policies and formal care use by the disabled elderly," PSE Working Papers halshs-01877829, HAL.
- Rowena Crawford & George Stoye & Ben Zaranko, 2018. "The impact of cuts to social care spending on the use of Accident and Emergency departments in England," IFS Working Papers W18/15, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsHospitals; Length of stay; Long-term care; Care homes; Bed blocking; Substitution;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ijhcfe:v:17:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10754-017-9214-z. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.