Computational aspects of prospect theory with asset pricing applications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- George Constantinides & John Donaldson & Rajnish Mehra, 2007. "Junior is rich: bequests as consumption," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 32(1), pages 125-155, July.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Richard H. Thaler, 1995.
"Myopic Loss Aversion and the Equity Premium Puzzle,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(1), pages 73-92.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Richard H. Thaler, 1993. "Myopic Loss Aversion and the Equity Premium Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 4369, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Piazzesi, Monika & Schneider, Martin & Tuzel, Selale, 2007.
"Housing, consumption and asset pricing,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 531-569, March.
- Monika Piazzesi & Martin Schneider & Selale Tuzel, 2004. "Housing, Consumption and Asset Pricing," 2004 Meeting Papers 357c, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Monika Piazzesi & Martin Schneider & Selale Tuzel, 2006. "Housing, Consumption, and Asset Pricing," NBER Working Papers 12036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Willi Semmler & Lars GrÃ¼ne, 2005. "Asset Pricing and Loss Aversion," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 199, Society for Computational Economics.
- Rubinstein, R. Y., 1982. "Generating random vectors uniformly distributed inside and on the surface of different regions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 205-209, June.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1991.
"Implications of Security Market Data for Models of Dynamic Economies,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 225-262, April.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Ravi Jagannathan, 1990. "Implications of security market data for models of dynamic economies," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 29, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Ravi Jagannathan, 1990. "Implications of Security Market Data for Models of Dynamic Economies," NBER Technical Working Papers 0089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Lettau, 2001.
"Consumption, Aggregate Wealth, and Expected Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 815-849, June.
- Lettau, Martin & Ludvigson, Sydney, 1999. "Consumption, Aggregate Wealth and Expected Stock Returns," CEPR Discussion Papers 2223, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sydney Ludvigson & Martin Lettau, 1999. "Consumption, aggregate wealth and expected stock returns," Staff Reports 77, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Constantinides, George M, 1990.
"Habit Formation: A Resolution of the Equity Premium Puzzle,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(3), pages 519-543, June.
- G. Constantinides, 1990. "Habit formation: a resolution of the equity premium puzzle," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1397, David K. Levine.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-1445, November.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Rajnish Mehra, 2006. "The Equity Premium in India," NBER Working Papers 12434, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lars Grune & Willi Semmler, 2003. "Solving Asset Pricing Models with Stochastic Dynamic Programming," Computing in Economics and Finance 2003 54, Society for Computational Economics.
- Nicholas Barberis & Ming Huang & Tano Santos, 2001. "Prospect Theory and Asset Prices," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(1), pages 1-53.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fortin, Ines & Hlouskova, Jaroslava, 2011.
"Optimal asset allocation under linear loss aversion,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2974-2990, November.
- Fortin, Ines & Hlouskova, Jaroslava, 2010. "Optimal Asset Allocation Under Linear Loss Aversion," Economics Series 257, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Enrico G. De Giorgi & Shane Legg, 2009. "Portfolio Selection with Narrow Framing: Probability Weighting Matters," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2009 2009-12, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Enrico Giorgi & Thorsten Hens, 2006. "Making prospect theory fit for finance," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 20(3), pages 339-360, September.
- Massimiliano Kaucic & Roberto Daris, 2016. "Prospect Theory Based Portfolio Optimization Problem with Imprecise Forecasts," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 14(4 (Winter), pages 359-384.
- De Giorgi, Enrico G. & Legg, Shane, 2012. "Dynamic portfolio choice and asset pricing with narrow framing and probability weighting," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 951-972.
- repec:wsi:qjfxxx:v:07:y:2017:i:02:n:s201013921750001x is not listed on IDEAS
- Seyedehzahra NEMATOLLAHI & Giancarlo MANZI, 2018. "Portfolio Management Using Prospect Theory: Comparing Genetic Algorithms and Particle Swarm Optimization," Departmental Working Papers 2018-03, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Grauer, Robert R., 2013. "Limiting losses may be injurious to your wealth," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5088-5100.
- Michael Best & Robert Grauer & Jaroslava Hlouskova & Xili Zhang, 2014. "Loss-Aversion with Kinked Linear Utility Functions," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 44(1), pages 45-65, June.
More about this item
KeywordsProspect theory; Asset pricing; Equity premium puzzle; Global optimization; Non–smooth problems; Numerical algorithms;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:compec:v:29:y:2007:i:3:p:267-281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.