Electricity transmission pricing: The German case
This paper elucidates the German electric power market, especially the electricity transmission pricing system that has been in force since January 2000. This paper points to several distorting pricing features, as well as to grid access problems, and suggests that a regulation office should be established. Moreover, it is argued that an independent grid operator for the entire German grid would enhance its efficient operation, and thereby increase the overall efficiency of the German electric power market. In addition, the actual cost structure and calculation procedure of a German grid operator is described in some detail. Copyright International Atlantic Economic Society 2002
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 30 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Postal:Suite 650, International Tower, 229 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: (404) 965-1555
Fax: (404) 965-1556
Web page: http://www.iaes.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11293/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hsu, Michael, 1997. "An introduction to the pricing of electric power transmission," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 257-270, September.
- Baughman, Martin L., 1997. "Pricing of open-access transmission services in Texas," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 195-201, September.
- Read, E. G., 1997. "Transmission pricing in New Zealand," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 227-235, September.
- Green, Richard, 1999. "The Electricity Contract Market in England and Wales," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 107-124, March.
- Dismukes, David E. & Cope III, Robert F. & Mesyanzhinov, Dmitry, 1998. "Capacity and economies of scale in electric power transmission," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 155-162, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:atlecj:v:30:y:2002:i:2:p:136-147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.