Mispricing and Optimal Time on the Market
This study is an empirical examination of the relationship between pricing and optimal time on the market (TOM). First, estimates of optimal TOMs for our data set are generated using a linear programming model. Next, a workable measure of pricing is provided based on predicted listing prices and predicted sales prices. We are then able to measure directly the relationship between pricing and optimal TOM. The results of our analysis indicate that both overpricing and underpricing would prevent the achievement of optimal TOM and result in suboptimal sales prices.
Volume (Year): 8 (1993)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald Haurin, 1988. "The Duration of Marketing Time of Residential Housing," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(4), pages 396-410.
- Thomas J. Miceli, 1989. "The Optimal Duration of Real Estate Listing Contracts," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 17(3), pages 267-277.
- Jacob Belkin & Donald J. Hempel & Dennis W. McLeavey, 1976. "An Empirical Study of Time on Market Using Multidimensional Segmentation of Housing Markets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 4(2), pages 57-75.
- David Geltner & Brian D. Kluger & Norman G. Miller, 1991. "Optimal Price and Selling Effort from the Perspectives of the Broker and Seller," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(1), pages 1-24.
- Norman G. Miller, 1978. "Time on the Market and Selling Price," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 6(2), pages 164-174.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:8:n:1:1993:p:149-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.