Power Lines, Visual Encumbrance and House Values: A Microspatial Approach to Impact Measurement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- S. B. Kask & S. A. Maani, 1992. "Uncertainty, Information, and Hedonic Pricing," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(2), pages 170-184.
- O'Byrne, Patricia Habuda & Nelson, Jon P. & Seneca, Joseph J., 1985. "Housing values, census estimates, disequilibrium, and the environmental cost of airport noise: A case study of Atlanta," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 169-178, June.
- Brookshire, David S, et al, 1982. "Valuing Public Goods: A Comparison of Survey and Hedonic Approaches," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 165-177, March.
- Palmquist, Raymond B, 1984. "Estimating the Demand for the Characteristics of Housing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 394-404, August.
- Murdoch, James C. & Thayer, Mark A., 1988. "Hedonic price estimation of variable urban air quality," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 143-146, June.
- Charles J. Delaney & Douglas Timmons, 1992. "High Voltage Power Lines: Do They Affect Residential Property Value?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 7(3), pages 315-330.
- Arthur C. Nelson & John Genereux & Michelle Genereux, 1992. "Price Effects of Landfills on House Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(4), pages 359-365.
- Deborah Ann Ford & Michele Gilligan, 1988. "The Effect of Lead Paint Abatement Laws on Rental Property Values," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(1), pages 84-94, March.
- Stanley W. Hamilton & Gregory M. Schwann, 1995. "Do High Voltage Electric Transmission Lines Affect Property Value?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(4), pages 436-444.
- James A. Bryant & Donald R. Epley, 1998. "Cancerphobia: Electromagnetic Fields and Their Impact on Residential Loan Values," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(1), pages 115-129.
- Douglas B. Diamond, Jr., 1980. "The Relationship between Amenities and Urban Land Prices," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 56(1), pages 21-32.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Phil Graves & James C. Murdoch & Mark A. Thayer & Don Waldman, 1988. "The Robustness of Hedonic Price Estimation: Urban Air Quality," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(3), pages 220-233.
- Michaels, R. Gregory & Smith, V. Kerry, 1990. "Market segmentation and valuing amenities with hedonic models: The case of hazardous waste sites," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 223-242, September.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Hellerstein, Daniel & Huguenin, Michael & Unsworth, Robert & Brazee, Richard, 1992. "Measuring hazardous waste damages with panel models," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 259-271, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Silvia Banfi & Massimo Filippini & Andrea Horehájová, 2008. "Valuation of Environmental Goods in Profit and Non-Profit Housing Sectors: Evidence from the Rental Market in the City of Zurich," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(IV), pages 631-654, December.
- Mueller, Christoph Emanuel, 2020. "Examining the inter-relationships between procedural fairness, trust in actors, risk expectations, perceived benefits, and attitudes towards power grid expansion projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C).
- Bartczak, Anna & Chilton, Susan & Czajkowski, Mikołaj & Meyerhoff, Jürgen, 2017.
"Gain and loss of money in a choice experiment. The impact of financial loss aversion and risk preferences on willingness to pay to avoid renewable energy externalities,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 326-334.
- Anna Bartczak & Susan Chilton & Mikołaj Czajkowski & Jürgen Meyerhoff, 2016. "Gain and loss of money in a choice experiment. The impact of financial loss aversion and risk preferences on willingness to pay to avoid renewable energy extarnalities," Working Papers 2016-36, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Natalia Sajnóg & Katarzyna Sobolewska-Mikulska & Justyna Wójcik-Leń, 2019. "Methodology of Determination of the Range of Restrictions Related to the Existence of Transmission Devices on Private Land—Case Study of Poland," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(14), pages 1-21, July.
- McNair, Ben J. & Bennett, Jeff & Hensher, David A., 2011.
"A comparison of responses to single and repeated discrete choice questions,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 554-571, September.
- McNair, Ben J. & Bennett, Jeff & Hensher, David A., 2010. "A comparison of responses to single and repeated discrete choice questions," MPRA Paper 23163, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giaccaria Sergio & Frontuto Vito & Dalmazzone Silvana, 2010. "Who’s afraid of power lines? Merging survey and GIS data to account for spatial heterogeneity," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201002, University of Turin.
- Yasin Sunak & Reinhard Madlener, 2017. "The impact of wind farms on property values: A locally weighted hedonic pricing model," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(2), pages 423-444, June.
- Mueller, Christoph Emanuel & Keil, Silke Inga & Bauer, Christian, 2017. "Effects of spatial proximity to proposed high-voltage transmission lines: Evidence from a natural experiment in Lower Saxony," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 137-147.
- Mense, Andreas & Wirth, Benjamin, 2014. "Flat Prices, Cell Phone Base Stations, and Network Structure: An Instrumental Variable Approach to Endogenous Locations," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100618, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Cohen, Jed J. & Moeltner, Klaus & Reichl, Johannes & Schmidthaler, Michael, 2016. "Linking the value of energy reliability to the acceptance of energy infrastructure: Evidence from the EU," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 124-143.
- Silvia Banfi & Massimo Filippini & Andrea Horehájová, 2012.
"Using a choice experiment to estimate the benefits of a reduction of externalities in urban areas with special focus on electrosmog,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 387-397, January.
- Silvia Banfi & Massimo Filippini & Andrea Horehájová, 2007. "Using a Choice Experiment to Estimate the Benefits of a Reduction of Externalities in Urban Areas with Special Focus on Electrosmog," CEPE Working paper series 07-58, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Darshana Rajapaksa & Wasantha Athukorala & Shunsuke Managi & Prasad Neelawala & Boon Lee & Viet-Ngu Hoang & Clevo Wilson, 2018. "The impact of cell phone towers on house prices: evidence from Brisbane, Australia," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 20(1), pages 211-224, January.
- Mueller, Christoph Emanuel & Keil, Silke Inga & Bauer, Christian, 2019. "Underground cables vs. overhead lines: Quasi-experimental evidence for the effects on public risk expectations, attitudes, and protest behavior," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 456-466.
- Olivier JOALLAND & Tina RAMBONILAZA, 2017. "Assessing the impact of renewable energy infrastructure on the “tourist value” in rural landscapes: a spatial hedonic approach," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2017-10, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Fenrick, Steve A. & Getachew, Lullit, 2012. "Cost and reliability comparisons of underground and overhead power lines," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 31-37.
- Michael J. Seiler, 2014. "Measuring the Impact of Eminent Domain Partial Takings: A Behavioral Approach," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 17(2), pages 137-156.
- Charles Thomas & Gerd Welke, 2017. "The Effect of HVTLs on Property Values: An Event Study," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 20(2), pages 167-187.
More about this item
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:23:n:3:2002:p:275-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://www.aresnet.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.