Restructuring Agency Relationships in the Real Estate Brokerage Industry: An Economic Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gene A. Marsh & Leonard V. Zumpano, 1988. "Agency Theory and the Changing Role of the Real Estate Broker: Conflicts and Possible Solutions," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 3(2), pages 151-164.
- Thomas J. Miceli, 1988. "Information Costs and the Organization of the Real Estate Brokerage Industry in the U.S. and Great Britain," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 173-188.
- Anglin, Paul M & Arnott, Richard, 1991. "Residential Real Estate Brokerage as a Principal-Agent Problem," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 99-125, June.
- Michael A. Arnold, 1992. "The Principal-Agent Relationship in Real Estate Brokerage Services," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 89-106.
- Salant, Stephen W, 1991. "For Sale by Owner: When to Use a Broker and How to Price the House," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 157-173, June.
- G. Donald Jud & James Frew, 1986. "Real Estate Brokers, Housing Prices, and the Demand for Housing," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 23(1), pages 21-31, February.
- Abdullah Yavas & Thomas J. Miceli & C.F. Sirmans, 2001. "An Experimental Analysis of the Impact of Intermediaries on the Outcome of Bargaining Games," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 251-276.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Miceli & Katherine Pancak & C. Sirmans, 2007.
"Is the Compensation Model for Real Estate Brokers Obsolete?,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 7-22, July.
- Thomas J. Miceli & Katherine A. Pancak & C. F. Sirmans, 2006. "Is the Compensation Model for Real Estate Brokers Obsolete?," Working papers 2006-23, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Suvorov Anton & Tsybuleva Natalia, 2010.
"Advice by an Informed Intermediary: Can You Trust Your Broker?,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-35, November.
- Anton Suvorov & Natalia Tsybuleva, 2008. "Advice by an Informed Intermediary: Can You Trust Your Broker?," Working Papers w0121, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Han, Lu & Strange, William C., 2015. "The Microstructure of Housing Markets," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
More about this item
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:20:n:1:2000:p:31-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://www.aresnet.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.