Thrifty Viability and Traditional Mortgage Lending: A Simultaneous Equations Analysis of the Risk-Return Trade-Off
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert A. Eisenbeis & Myron L. Kwast, 1989. "Are real estate specializing depositories viable? The evidence from commercial banks," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 88, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Deshmukh, Sudhakar D & Greenbaum, Stuart I & Kanatas, George, 1983. " Interest Rate Uncertainty and the Financial Intermediary's Choice of Exposure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 141-147, March.
- Allen, Linda, 1988. "The Determinants of Bank Interest Margins: A Note," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 231-235, June.
- Hanweck, Gerald A. & Kilcollin, Thomas Eric, 1984.
"Bank profitability and interest rate risk,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 77-84, February.
- Gerald A. Hanweck & Thomas Eric Kilcollin, 1981. "Bank profitability and interest rate risk," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 51, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Zarruk, Emilio R., 1989. "Bank spread with uncertain deposit level and risk aversion," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 797-810, December.
- Ho, Thomas S. Y. & Saunders, Anthony, 1981. "The Determinants of Bank Interest Margins: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 581-600, November.
- Morgan, George Emir & Smith, Stephen D, 1987. " Maturity Intermediation and Intertemporal Lending Policies of Financial Intermediaries," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(4), pages 1023-1034, September.
- Flannery, Mark J, 1981. "Market Interest Rates and Commercial Bank Profitability: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(5), pages 1085-1101, December.
- R. Dan Brumbaugh, Jr. & Andrew S. Carron, 1987. "Thrift Industry Crisis: Causes and Solutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(2), pages 349-388.
- Gilbert, R Alton, 1984. "Bank Market Structure and Competition: A Survey," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 617-644, November.
- Jensen, Gerald R. & Solberg, Donald P. & Zorn, Thomas S., 1992. "Simultaneous Determination of Insider Ownership, Debt, and Dividend Policies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 247-263, June.
- O'Hara, Maureen, 1983. " A Dynamic Theory of the Banking Firm," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 127-140, March.
More about this item
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:13:n:2:1997:p:155-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://www.aresnet.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.