Robust forecasting with exponential and Holt-Winters smoothing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter R. Winters, 1960. "Forecasting Sales by Exponentially Weighted Moving Averages," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(3), pages 324-342, April.
- Taylor, James W., 2007. "Forecasting daily supermarket sales using exponentially weighted quantile regression," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(1), pages 154-167, April.
- Taylor, James W., 2004. "Volatility forecasting with smooth transition exponential smoothing," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 273-286.
- James W. Taylor, 2004. "Smooth transition exponential smoothing," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 385-404.
- Anne B. Koehler & Rob J. Hyndman & Ralph D. Snyder & J. Keith Ord, 2005. "Prediction intervals for exponential smoothing using two new classes of state space models," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 17-37.
- Everette S. Gardner, 1999. "Note: Rule-Based Forecasting vs. Damped-Trend Exponential Smoothing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(8), pages 1169-1176, August.
- T. Cipra & R. Romera, 1997. "Kalman filter with outliers and missing observations," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 6(2), pages 379-395, December.
- Markos Papageorgiou & Apostolos Kotsialos & Antonios Poulimenos, 2005. "Long-term sales forecasting using holt-winters and neural network methods," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(5), pages 353-368.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:264:y:2018:i:3:p:967-977 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecosta:v:3:y:2017:i:c:p:91-111 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dicembrino, Claudio & Trovato, Giovanni, 2013. "Structural Breaks, Price and Income Elasticity, and Forecast of the Monthly Italian Electricity Demand," MPRA Paper 47653, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chai, Jian & Zhang, Zhong-Yu & Wang, Shou-Yang & Lai, Kin Keung & Liu, John, 2014. "Aviation fuel demand development in China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 224-235.
- Peter Ruckdeschel & Bernhard Spangl & Daria Pupashenko, 2014. "Robust Kalman tracking and smoothing with propagating and non-propagating outliers," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 55(1), pages 93-123, February.
- Tryggvi Jónsson & Pierre Pinson & Henrik Aa. Nielsen & Henrik Madsen, 2014. "Exponential Smoothing Approaches for Prediction in Real-Time Electricity Markets," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-23, June.
- Dorel Paraschiv & Cristiana Tudor & Radu Petrariu, 2015. "The Textile Industry and Sustainable Development: A Holt–Winters Forecasting Investigation for the Eastern European Area," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-12, January.
- Francisco Javier Duque-Pintor & Manuel Jesús Fernández-Gómez & Alicia Troncoso & Francisco Martínez-Álvarez, 2016. "A New Methodology Based on Imbalanced Classification for Predicting Outliers in Electricity Demand Time Series," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-10, September.
- Edward J. LUSK & Michael HALPERIN & Niya STEFANOVA & Atanas TETIKOV, 2011. "Investigation of: "Shopping in the Market-beta Mall"," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 1(5), pages 1-9, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jof:jforec:v:29:y:2010:i:3:p:285-300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/2966 .