Robust forecasting with exponential and Holt-Winters smoothing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter R. Winters, 1960. "Forecasting Sales by Exponentially Weighted Moving Averages," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(3), pages 324-342, April.
- Anne B. Koehler & Rob J. Hyndman & Ralph D. Snyder & J. Keith Ord, 2005. "Prediction intervals for exponential smoothing using two new classes of state space models," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 17-37.
- Taylor, James W., 2007. "Forecasting daily supermarket sales using exponentially weighted quantile regression," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(1), pages 154-167, April.
- T. Cipra & R. Romera, 1997. "Kalman filter with outliers and missing observations," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 6(2), pages 379-395, December.
- Taylor, James W., 2004. "Volatility forecasting with smooth transition exponential smoothing," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 273-286.
- James W. Taylor, 2004. "Smooth transition exponential smoothing," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 385-404.
- Everette S. Gardner, 1999. "Note: Rule-Based Forecasting vs. Damped-Trend Exponential Smoothing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(8), pages 1169-1176, August.
- Markos Papageorgiou & Apostolos Kotsialos & Antonios Poulimenos, 2005. "Long-term sales forecasting using holt-winters and neural network methods," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(5), pages 353-368.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chia-Nan Wang & Jen-Der Day & Nguyen Thi Kim Lien & Luu Quoc Chien, 2018. "Integrating the Additive Seasonal Model and Super-SBM Model to Compute the Efficiency of Port Logistics Companies in Vietnam," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-17, August.
- Barrow, Devon & Kourentzes, Nikolaos, 2018. "The impact of special days in call arrivals forecasting: A neural network approach to modelling special days," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 264(3), pages 967-977.
- Gambacciani, Marco & Paolella, Marc S., 2017. "Robust normal mixtures for financial portfolio allocation," Econometrics and Statistics, Elsevier, vol. 3(C), pages 91-111.
- Dicembrino, Claudio & Trovato, Giovanni, 2013. "Structural Breaks, Price and Income Elasticity, and Forecast of the Monthly Italian Electricity Demand," MPRA Paper 47653, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chai, Jian & Zhang, Zhong-Yu & Wang, Shou-Yang & Lai, Kin Keung & Liu, John, 2014. "Aviation fuel demand development in China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 224-235.
- Peter Ruckdeschel & Bernhard Spangl & Daria Pupashenko, 2014. "Robust Kalman tracking and smoothing with propagating and non-propagating outliers," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 55(1), pages 93-123, February.
- Rafael Sánchez-Durán & Joaquín Luque & Julio Barbancho, 2019. "Long-Term Demand Forecasting in a Scenario of Energy Transition," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-23, August.
- Tryggvi Jónsson & Pierre Pinson & Henrik Aa. Nielsen & Henrik Madsen, 2014. "Exponential Smoothing Approaches for Prediction in Real-Time Electricity Markets," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-23, June.
- Dorel Paraschiv & Cristiana Tudor & Radu Petrariu, 2015. "The Textile Industry and Sustainable Development: A Holt–Winters Forecasting Investigation for the Eastern European Area," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-12, January.
- E. Bajalinov & Sz. Duleba, 2020. "Seasonal time series forecasting by the Walsh-transformation based technique," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 28(3), pages 983-1001, September.
- Francisco Javier Duque-Pintor & Manuel Jesús Fernández-Gómez & Alicia Troncoso & Francisco Martínez-Álvarez, 2016. "A New Methodology Based on Imbalanced Classification for Predicting Outliers in Electricity Demand Time Series," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-10, September.
- Alsaidi M. Altaher & Mohd Tahir Ismail, 2012. "Robust Wavelet Estimation to Eliminate Simultaneously the Effects of Boundary Problems, Outliers, and Correlated Noise," International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, Hindawi, vol. 2012, pages 1-18, November.
- Francisco Martínez-Álvarez & Amandine Schmutz & Gualberto Asencio-Cortés & Julien Jacques, 2018. "A Novel Hybrid Algorithm to Forecast Functional Time Series Based on Pattern Sequence Similarity with Application to Electricity Demand," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Edward J. LUSK & Michael HALPERIN & Niya STEFANOVA & Atanas TETIKOV, 2011. "Investigation of: "Shopping in the Market-beta Mall"," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 1(5), pages 1-9, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jof:jforec:v:29:y:2010:i:3:p:285-300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/2966 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.