Reservationslöhne und Arbeitslosigkeitsdauer/ Reservation Wages and Unemployment Duration
Based on the GSOEP (2000) for Western Germany, the paper deals with the influence of reported reservation wages on unemployment duration. The selectivity in the reservation wage observations due to only one interview per year in the GSOEP is included in the model by Heckman-correction, and the possibility of censored spells is accounted for by a Hazard-rate analysis with semiparametric unobserved heterogeneity. The results show that only by correction for the selectivity bias the theoretically expected positive effect of reservation wages on the unemployment duration can be found; it then occurs at a considerable level.
Volume (Year): 225 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/jbnst|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:zbw:iwhwiw:11-00-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Steven H. Sandell, 1980. "Job Search by Unemployed Women: Determinants of the Asking Wage," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 33(3), pages 368-378, April.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Savin, N Eugene, 1977. "Conflict among Criteria for Testing Hypotheses in the Multivariate Linear Regression Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(5), pages 1263-77, July.
- Schimmelpfennig, Axel, 1998. "Skill-biased technical change vs. structural change: Insights from a new view of the structure of an economy," Kiel Working Papers 868, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Klodt, Henning & Maurer, Rainer & Schimmelpfennig, Axel, 1997. "Tertiarisierung in der deutschen Wirtschaft," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 959, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-79, June.
- Groot, Wim, 1990. "Further evidence on the job search theory," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 387-391, December.
- Hujer, Reinhard & Schneider, Hilmar, 1989. "The analysis of labor market mobility using panel data," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(2-3), pages 530-536, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jns:jbstat:v:225:y:2005:i:3:p:303-324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.