An Analysis of the Relationship between Risk and Expected Return in the BRVM Stock Exchange: Test of the CAPM
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Backus, David K & Gregory, Allan W, 1993.
"Theoretical Relations between Risk Premiums and Conditional Variances,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(2), pages 177-185, April.
- David K. Backus & Allan W. Gregory, 1992. "Theoretical Relations Between Risk Premiums and Conditional Variances," Working Papers 92-18a, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Pettengill, Glenn N. & Sundaram, Sridhar & Mathur, Ike, 1995. "The Conditional Relation between Beta and Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(1), pages 101-116, March.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- John Lintner, 1965. "Security Prices, Risk, And Maximal Gains From Diversification," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 20(4), pages 587-615, December.
- Hossein Asgharian & Björn Hansson, 2000. "Cross‐sectional analysis of Swedish stock returns with time‐varying beta: the Swedish stock market 1983–96," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 6(2), pages 213-233, June.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-636, May-June.
- Merton, Robert C., 1980.
"On estimating the expected return on the market : An exploratory investigation,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 323-361, December.
- Robert C. Merton, 1980. "On Estimating the Expected Return on the Market: An Exploratory Investigation," NBER Working Papers 0444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Georgas Janata, 2016. "Validity of the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) for Securities Trading at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE)," Business and Management Research, Business and Management Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(4), pages 62-72, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wu, Shue-Jen & Lee, Wei-Ming, 2015. "Intertemporal risk–return relationships in bull and bear markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 308-325.
- Zhong, Angel, 2018. "Idiosyncratic volatility in the Australian equity market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 105-125.
- Karagiannidis, Iordanis & Vozlyublennaia, Nadia, 2016. "Limits to mutual funds' ability to rely on mean/variance optimization," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 282-292.
- Arouri, Mohamed El Hedi & Nguyen, Duc Khuong & Pukthuanthong, Kuntara, 2012. "An international CAPM for partially integrated markets: Theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2473-2493.
- Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Bacha, Obiyathulla Ismath & Masih, A. Mansur M. & Masih, Rumi, 2015. "Risk-return characteristics of Islamic equity indices: Multi-timescales analysis," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 115-138.
- Haim Levy & Enrico G. De Giorgi & Thorsten Hens, 2012. "Two Paradigms and Nobel Prizes in Economics: a Contradiction or Coexistence?," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 18(2), pages 163-182, March.
- Chowdhury, Biplob & Jeyasreedharan, Nagaratnam, 2019. "An empirical examination of the jump and diffusion aspects of asset pricing: Japanese evidence," Working Papers 2019-02, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics.
- John Y. Campbell, 2000.
"Asset Pricing at the Millennium,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1515-1567, August.
- John Y. Campbell, 2000. "Asset Pricing at the Millennium," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1897, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- John Y. Campbell, 2000. "Asset Pricing at the Millennium," NBER Working Papers 7589, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John, 2000. "Asset Pricing at the Millennium," Scholarly Articles 3294737, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Fernando Rubio, 2005. "Eficiencia De Mercado, Administracion De Carteras De Fondos Y Behavioural Finance," Finance 0503028, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Jul 2005.
- Figlioli, Bruno & Lima, Fabiano Guasti, 2019. "Stock pricing in Latin America: The synchronicity effect," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-17.
- Ben Sita, Bernard, 2018. "Estimating the beta-return relationship by considering the sign and the magnitude of daily returns," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 28-35.
- Ho, Ron Yiu-wah & Strange, Roger & Piesse, Jenifer, 2006. "On the conditional pricing effects of beta, size, and book-to-market equity in the Hong Kong market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 199-214, July.
- Shi, Yun & Cui, Xiangyu & Zhou, Xunyu, 2020. "Beta and Coskewness Pricing: Perspective from Probability Weighting," SocArXiv 5rqhv, Center for Open Science.
- Giovanni Bonaccolto & Massimiliano Caporin & Sandra Paterlini, 2018.
"Asset allocation strategies based on penalized quantile regression,"
Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Giovanni Bonaccolto & Massimiliano Caporin & Sandra Paterlini, 2015. "Asset Allocation Strategies Based on Penalized Quantile Regression," Papers 1507.00250, arXiv.org.
- Giovanni Bonaccolto & Massimiliano Caporin & Sandra Paterlini, 2015. "Asset Allocation Strategies Based On Penalized Quantile Regression," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0199, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Bao, Te & Diks, Cees & Li, Hao, 2018. "A generalized CAPM model with asymmetric power distributed errors with an application to portfolio construction," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 611-621.
- Bai, Jushan & Ando, Tomohiro, 2013. "Multifactor asset pricing with a large number of observable risk factors and unobservable common and group-specific factors," MPRA Paper 52785, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2013.
- Yu Wang & Haicheng Shu, 2019. "Evaluating the Performance of Factor Pricing Models for Different Stock Market Trends: Evidence from China," Working Papers 2019-10-10, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Guo, Hui, 2006.
"Time-varying risk premia and the cross section of stock returns,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 2087-2107, July.
- Hui Guo, 2005. "Time-varying risk premia and the cross section of stock returns," Working Papers 2002-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Adam Zaremba & Jacob Koby Shemer, 2018. "Price-Based Investment Strategies," Springer Books, Springer, number 978-3-319-91530-2, April.
- Keith Lam & Frank Li, 2008. "The risk premiums of the four-factor asset pricing model in the Hong Kong stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(20), pages 1667-1680.
More about this item
KeywordsCAPM; beta; BRVM stock exchange; risk; expected return;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jfr:rwe111:v:5:y:2014:i:1:p:13-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gina Perry). General contact details of provider: http://rwe.sciedupress.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.