COVID-19 pandemic and its effects on the tourism sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Breitsohl, Jan & Garrod, Brian, 2016. "Assessing tourists' cognitive, emotional and behavioural reactions to an unethical destination incident," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 209-220.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zaharia Marian & Balacescu Aniela & Gogonea Rodica-Manuela, 2021. "Aspects Of The Impact Of Covid-19 On The Number Of Employees In Accommodation And Food Service Activities. Return Trends," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 5, pages 42-48, October.
- Carmen-Mihaela Cretu & Anca-Gabriela Turtureanu & Carmen-Gabriela Sirbu & Florentina Chitu & Emanuel Ştefan Marinescu & Laurentiu-Gabriel Talaghir & Daniela Monica Robu, 2021. "Tourists’ Perceptions Regarding Traveling for Recreational or Leisure Purposes in Times of Health Crisis," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(15), pages 1-24, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zhai, Xueting & Zhong, Dixi & Luo, Qiuju, 2019. "Turn it around in crisis communication: An ABM approach," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 79(C).
- Pappas, Nikolaos & Papatheodorou, Andreas, 2017. "Tourism and the refugee crisis in Greece: Perceptions and decision-making of accommodation providers," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 31-41.
- Gema Pérez-Tapia & Fernando Almeida-García & Pere Mercadé-Melé, 2021. "The “ Four Core Elements ” as a Measuring Instrument: From Simplicity to Complexity in Tourist Destination," Economies, MDPI, vol. 9(2), pages 1-16, April.
- Lina Zhong & Sunny Sun & Rob Law & Xiaonan Li & Liyu Yang, 2022. "Perception, Reaction, and Future Development of the Influence of COVID-19 on the Hospitality and Tourism Industry in China," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 19(2), pages 1-19, January.
- Kuo-Yan Wang, 2022. "Sustainable Tourism Development Based upon Visitors’ Brand Trust: A Case of “100 Religious Attractions”," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(4), pages 1-30, February.
- Sojin Jung & Stacy H. Lee, 2022. "The buffering effect of continuous corporate social responsibilities engagement on negative consumer responses toward brand crises," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 29(5), pages 1636-1646, September.
- Kuo-Yan Wang & Mu-Lan Ma & Jing Yu, 2021. "Understanding the perceived satisfaction and revisiting intentions of lodgers in a restricted service scenario: evidence from the hotel industry in quarantine," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 15(2), pages 335-368, June.
- Voltes-Dorta, Augusto & Rodríguez-Déniz, Héctor & Suau-Sanchez, Pere, 2017. "Passenger recovery after an airport closure at tourist destinations: A case study of Palma de Mallorca airport," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 449-466.
- Luo, Qiuju & Zhai, Xueting, 2017. "“I will never go to Hong Kong again!” How the secondary crisis communication of “Occupy Central” on Weibo shifted to a tourism boycott," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 159-172.
- Liu, Yixue & Zhang, Rouran & Yao, Yanbo, 2021. "How tourist power in social media affects tourism market regulation after unethical incidents: Evidence from China," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(C).
- Yi-Wei Zhang & Jeong-Gil Choi & Armigon Ravshanovich Akhmedov, 2021. "The Impacts of Perceived Risks on Information Search and Risk Reduction Strategies: A Study of the Hotel Industry during the COVID-19 Pandemic," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(21), pages 1-17, November.
- Silvia Platania & Kyle Maurice Woosnam & Manuel Alector Ribeiro, 2021. "Factors Predicting Individuals’ Behavioural Intentions for Choosing Cultural Tourism: A Structural Model," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(18), pages 1-20, September.
- Mayer, Marius & Bichler, Bernhard Fabian & Pikkemaat, Birgit & Peters, Mike, 2021. "Media discourses about a superspreader destination: How mismanagement of Covid-19 triggers debates about sustainability and geopolitics," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(C).
- Fu, Xiaorong & Pang, Jing & Gursoy, Dogan, 2022. "Effects of online commercial friendships on customer revenge following a service failure," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 102-114.
- Pung, Jessica Mei & Gnoth, Juergen & Del Chiappa, Giacomo, 2020. "Tourist transformation: Towards a conceptual model," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 81(C).
More about this item
Keywordspandemic; COVID-19; tourism; crisis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:wpaper:y:2020:v:12:i:2:p:111-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alupului Ciprian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.