Investment And Export-Led Industrialization: Financial Constraints And Export Promotion Of East Asian Firms
This paper aims to empirically examine the determinants that influence the investment decisions of firms in East Asia, a region that propelled its growth through a predominantly export-led industrialization strategy. Empirical results suggest that a firm¡¯s cash flow, representing internal funding capability, have significantly positive relationship on firm investment decisions in all the sample countries in the region. In addition, the study found that export expansion led to increasing internal funding capability, which had a positive influence on the firm¡¯s investment decision.
Volume (Year): 30 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.jed.or.kr/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ogawa, Kazuo & Suzuki, Kazuyuki, 1998.
"Land Value and Corporate Investment: Evidence from Japanese Panel Data,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 232-249, September.
- Ogawa, K. & Suzuki, K., 1995. "Land Value and Corporate Investment: Evidence from Japanese Panel Data," ISER Discussion Paper 0373, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Ogawa, K. & Suzuki, K., 1996. "Land Value and Corporate Investment: Evidence from Japanese Panel Data," ISER Discussion Paper 0408, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Steven Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1987.
"Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
2387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kawai, Masahiro & Akiyama, Shigeru, 2000. "Implications of the currency crisis for exchange rate arrangements in emerging East Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2502, The World Bank.
- Labhard, Vincent & Wyplosz, Charles, 1996. "The New EMS: Narrow Bands inside Deep Bands," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 143-46, May.
- Carmen Reinhart, 1994.
"Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade; Evidence From Developing Countries,"
IMF Working Papers
94/140, International Monetary Fund.
- Carmen M. Reinhart, 1995. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade: Evidence from Developing Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(2), pages 290-312, June.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 1994. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade," MPRA Paper 13708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 1995. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade: Evidence from Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 6974, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:30:y:2005:i:1:p:81-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Changhui Kang)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.