Just How (Un)realistic Are Evolutionary Algorithms As Representations of Social Processes?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bullard, James & Duffy, John, 1998.
"A model of learning and emulation with artificial adaptive agents,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 179-207, February.
- James B. Bullard & John Duffy, 1994. "A model of learning and emulation with artificial adaptive agents," Working Papers 1994-014, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Thomas, Jonathan, 1993. "Non-computable rational expectations equilibria," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 133-142, February.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:25:y:1991:i:2:p:519-533 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arifovic, Jasmina & Eaton, Curtis, 1995. "Coordination via Genetic Learning," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 8(3), pages 181-203, August.
- Arifovic, Jasmina, 1996. "The Behavior of the Exchange Rate in the Genetic Algorithm and Experimental Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(3), pages 510-541, June.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:16:y:1982:i:4:p:1005-1012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Valente & Andrea Bassanini & Luigi Marengo & Giovanni Dosi, 1999. "Norms as emergent properties of adaptive learning: The case of economic routines," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 5-26.
- Vega-Redondo, Fernando (ed.), 1996. "Evolution, Games, and Economic Behaviour," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774723.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1978. "Rationality as Process and as Product of Thought," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 1-16, May.
- Arthur, W Brian, 1994. "Inductive Reasoning and Bounded Rationality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 406-411, May.
- Winston, Gordon C., 1987. "Activity choice : A new approach to economic behavior," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 567-585, December.
- Tony Curson Price, 1997. "Using co-evolutionary programming to simulate strategic behaviour in markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 588, David K. Levine.
- Tony Curzon Price, 1997. "Using co-evolutionary programming to simulate strategic behaviour in markets," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 219-254.
- Arifovic, Jasmina, 1995. "Genetic algorithms and inflationary economies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 219-243, August.
- W. Brian Arthur, 1994. "Inductive Reasoning, Bounded Rationality and the Bar Problem," Working Papers 94-03-014, Santa Fe Institute.
- Armen A. Alchian, 1950. "Uncertainty, Evolution, and Economic Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 211-211.
- Pierre-André Chiappori, 1984. "Sélection naturelle et rationalité absolue des entreprises," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 35(1), pages 87-108.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klos, Tomas B., 1999. "Governance and matching," Research Report 99B41, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Pascal Seppecher & Isabelle Salle & Dany Lang, 2016.
"Is the Market Really a Good Teacher? Market Selection, Collective Adaptation and Financial Instability,"
GREDEG Working Papers
2016-15, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Pascal Seppecher & Isabelle Salle & Dany Lang, 2016. "Is the market really a good teacher ?," Post-Print hal-01314335, HAL.
- Seppecher, P. & Salle, I. & Lang, D., 2016. "Is the Market Really a Good Teacher?," CeNDEF Working Papers 16-04, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Schnizler, Björn & Neumann, Dirk & Veit, Daniel & Napoletano, Mauro & Catalano, Michele & Gallegati, Mauro & Reinicke, Michael & Streitberger, Werner & Eymann, Torsten, 2005. "Environmental analysis for application layer networks," Bayreuth Reports on Information Systems Management 1, University of Bayreuth, Chair of Information Systems Management.
- Balmann, Alfons & Musshoff, Oliver, 2002. "Is The "Standard Real Options Approach" Appropriate For Investment Decisions In Hog Production?," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19897, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Corniglion, Sébastien & Turnois, Nadine, 2011. "Simulating tourists' behaviour using multi-agent modelling," MPRA Paper 33526, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ludo Waltman & Nees Eck & Rommert Dekker & Uzay Kaymak, 2011.
"Economic modeling using evolutionary algorithms: the effect of a binary encoding of strategies,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 737-756, December.
- Waltman, L. & van Eck, N.J.P. & Dekker, R. & Kaymak, U., 2009. "Economic Modeling Using Evolutionary Algorithms: The Effect of a Binary Encoding of Strategies," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2009-028-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- JosÃ© Castro Caldas & Helder Coelho, 1999. "The Origin of Institutions: Socio-Economic Processes, Choice, Norms and Conventions," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 2(2), pages 1-1.
- Balmann, Alfons & Musshoff, Oliver, 2002. "Real Options and Competition: The Impact of Depreciation and Reinvestment," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24934, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sylvie Geisendorf, 2011. "Internal selection and market selection in economic Genetic Algorithms," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 817-841, December.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:99b41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hare, M & Deadman, P, 2004. "Further towards a taxonomy of agent-based simulation models in environmental management," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 25-40.
- Alberto Acerbi & Domenico Parisi, 2006. "Cultural Transmission Between and Within Generations," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 9(1), pages 1-9.
More about this item
KeywordsEvolutionary Algorithms; Genetic Programming; Social Evolution; Selectionist Paradigm;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jas:jasssj:1998-6-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.