Dynamic programming model estimates of Social Security Disability Insurance application timing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Parsons, Donald O, 1980. "The Decline in Male Labor Force Participation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 117-134, February.
- Berkovec, James & Stern, Steven, 1991. "Job Exit Behavior of Older Men," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 189-210, January.
- Bound, John & Burkhauser, Richard V., 1999. "Economic analysis of transfer programs targeted on people with disabilities," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 51, pages 3417-3528 Elsevier.
- David C. Stapleton & Richard V. Burkhauser (ed.), 2003. "The Decline in Employment of People with Disabilities: A Policy Puzzle," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number depd, November.
- Halpern, Janice & Hausman, Jerry A., 1986.
"Choice under uncertainty: A model of applications for the social security disability insurance program,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 131-161, November.
- Janice Halpern & Jerry A. Hausman, 1985. "Choice Under Uncertainty: A Model of Applications for the Social Security Disability Insurance Program," NBER Working Papers 1690, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benitez-Silva, Hugo & Buchinsky, Moshe & Chan, Hiu Man & Rust, John & Sheidvasser, Sofia, 1999.
"An empirical analysis of the social security disability application, appeal, and award process,"
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 147-178, June.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Moshe Buchinsky & Hiu-Man Chan & John Rust & Sofia Sheivasser, 1997. "An Empirical Analysis of the Social Security Disability Application, Appeal, and Award Process," Public Economics 9712001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Oct 1998.
- Jonathan Gruber & Jeffrey D. Kubik, 1994. "Disability Insurance Rejection Rates and the Labor Supply of Older Workers," NBER Working Papers 4941, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kreider, Brent, 1998.
"Workers' Applications to Social Insurance Programs When Earnings and Eligibility Are Uncertain,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(4), pages 848-877, October.
- Kreider, Brent, 1998. "Workers' Applications to Social Insurance Programs when Earnings and Eligibility Are Uncertain," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5189, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- John Bound & Richard Burkhauser & Austin Nichols, 2001. "Tracking the Household Income of SSDI and SSI Applicants," Working Papers wp009, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Gruber, Jonathan & Kubik, Jeffrey D., 1997. "Disability insurance rejection rates and the labor supply of older workers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 1-23, April.
- Lucas, Robert Jr, 1976. "Econometric policy evaluation: A critique," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-46, January.
- Kreider, Brent & Riphahn, Regina, 2000. "Explaining Applications to the U.S. Disability Program: A Semiparametric Approach," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5184, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iskhakov, Fedor, 2008. "Dynamic Programming Model of Health and Retirement," Memorandum 03/2008, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Andrew Foote & Michel Grosz & Ann Stevens, 2015.
"Locate Your Nearest Exit: Mass Layoffs and Local Labor Market Response,"
15-25, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Andrew Foote & Michel Grosz & Ann Huff Stevens, 2015. "Locate Your Nearest Exit: Mass Layoffs and Local Labor Market Response," NBER Working Papers 21618, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicolas R. Ziebarth & Martin Karlsson, 2014.
"The Effects Of Expanding The Generosity Of The Statutory Sickness Insurance System,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2), pages 208-230, March.
- Nicolas R. Ziebarth & Martin Karlsson, 2009. "The Effects of Expanding the Generosity of the Statutory Sickness Insurance System," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 245, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Ziebarth, Nicolas R. & Karlsson, Martin, 2013. "The Effects of Expanding the Generosity of the Statutory Sickness Insurance System," IZA Discussion Papers 7250, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ziebarth N & Karlsson M, 2009. "The effects of expanding the generosity of the statutory sickness insurance system," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/35, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Richard V. Burkhauser & Lauren H. Nicholas & Maximilian D. Schmeiser, 2011. "The Importance of State Anti-Discrimination Laws on Employer Accommodation and the Movement of their Employees onto Social Security Disability Insurance," Working Papers wp251, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Hanel, Barbara, 2012.
"The effect of disability pension incentives on early retirement decisions,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 595-607.
- Barbara Hanel, 2011. "The Effect of Disability Pension Incentives on Early Retirement Decisions," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2011n05, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Mark van Duijn & Maarten Lindeboom & Mauro Mastrogiacomo & M. Lundborg, 2009. "Pension plans and the retirement replacement rates in the Netherlands," CPB Discussion Paper 118, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Li, Jinjing & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2011. "Retirement Choice Simulation in Household Settings with Heterogeneous Pension Plans," IZA Discussion Papers 5866, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Giovanni Gallipoli & Laura Turner, 2009.
"Household Responses to Individual Shocks: Disability and Labor Supply,"
2009.97, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Laura Turner & Giovanni Gallipoli, 2010. "Household Responses to Individual Shocks: Disability, Labour Supply," 2010 Meeting Papers 110, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gallipoli, Giovanni & Turner, Laura, 2009. "Household Responses to Individual Shocks: Disability and Labour Supply," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-32, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 22 Jun 2009.
- Giovanni Gallipoli & Laura Turner, 2009. "Household Responses to Individual Shocks: Disability and Labor Supply," Working Paper series 04_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Frank van Erp & Niels Vermeer & Daniël van Vuuren, 2013. "Non-financial determinants of retirement," CPB Discussion Paper 243, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Lindsay Jacobs, 2015. "Occupational Choice, Retirement, and the Effects of Disability Insurance," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-051, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ashok Thomas & Luca Spataro, 2016. "The Effects Of Pension Funds On Markets Performance: A Review," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 1-33, February.
- Michele Belloni & Rob Alessie, 2013.
"Retirement Choices in Italy: What an Option Value Model Tells Us,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 75(4), pages 499-527, August.
- Michele Belloni & Rob Alessie, 2010. "Retirement choices in Italy: what an option value model tells us," CeRP Working Papers 92, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Michele Belloni & Rob Alessie, 2010. "Retirement Choices in Italy: What an Option Value Model tells us," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-102/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Mauro Mastrogiacomo & Nicole Bosch, 2006. "Income incentives to labour participation and home production; the contribution of the tax credits in the Netherlands," CPB Discussion Paper 59, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Ashok Thomas & Luca Spataro, 2013. "Pension funds and Market Efficiency: A review," Discussion Papers 2013/164, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Philip Armour & Michael F. Lovenheim, 2016. "The Effect of Social Security Information on the Labor Supply and Savings of Older Americans," Working Papers wp361, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Xiaoyan Li & Nicole Maestas, 2008. "Does the Rise in the Full Retirement Age Encourage Disability Benefits Applications? Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study," Working Papers wp198, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Allison Thompkins & Todd Honeycutt & Claire Gill & Joseph Mastrianni & Michelle Bailey, 2014. "To Apply or Not to Apply: The Employment and Program Participation of Social Security Disability Insurance Applicants and Non-Applicants," Mathematica Policy Research Reports a1df73c5b1084bfd93ccad9a1, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Endler, Johannes & Geyer, Johannes, 2017. "The Interaction of Pension System and Unemployment Insurance - Evidence from two Reforms," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168279, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Laura Turner & Giovanni Gallipoli, 2011. "Social Security, Endogenous Retirement, and Intrahousehold Cooperation," 2011 Meeting Papers 935, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Dynamic programming model estimates of Social Security Disability Insurance application timing (JAE 2004) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:19:y:2004:i:6:p:671-685. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.