Transient Fads and the Crash of '87
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choi, Kyongwook & Hammoudeh, Shawkat, 2010. "Volatility behavior of oil, industrial commodity and stock markets in a regime-switching environment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4388-4399, August.
- Engel, Charles & Kim, Chang-Jin, 1999.
"The Long-Run U.S./U.K. Real Exchange Rate,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 335-356, August.
- Charles Engel & Chang-Jin Kim, 1996. "The Long-Run U.S./U.K. Real Exchange Rate," NBER Working Papers 5777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engel, C. & Kim, C.J., 1996. "The Long-Run U.S./U.K. real Exchange Rate," Working Papers 96-14, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Engel, C. & Kim, C.J., 1996. "The Long-Run U.S./U.K. real Exchange Rate," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 96-14, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Beltratti, A. & Morana, C., 2006.
"Breaks and persistency: macroeconomic causes of stock market volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 151-177.
- Andrea Beltratti & Claudio Morana, 2004. "Breaks and Persistency: Macroeconomic Causes of Stock Market Volatility," Working Papers 20, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Fiorentini, G. & Planas, C. & Rossi, A., 2012. "The marginal likelihood of dynamic mixture models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(9), pages 2650-2662.
- Beg, A.B.M. Rabiul Alam & Anwar, Sajid, 2012. "Sources of volatility persistence: A case study of the U.K. pound/U.S. dollar exchange rate returns," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 165-184.
- Scharth, Marcel & Medeiros, Marcelo C., 2009.
"Asymmetric effects and long memory in the volatility of Dow Jones stocks,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 304-327.
- Marcel Scharth & Marcelo Cunha Medeiros, 2006. "Asymmetric effects and long memory in the volatility of Dow Jones stocks," Textos para discussão 532, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Alistair Mees & Berndt Pilgram, 2000. "Non-Linear Markov Modelling Using Canonical Variate Analysis: Forecasting Exchange Rate Volatility," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1162, Econometric Society.
- Bhar, Ramaprasad & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2004. "Empirical characteristics of the permanent and transitory components of stock return: analysis in a Markov switching heteroscedasticity framework," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 157-165, February.
- Charles Nelson & Jeremy Piger & Eric Zivot, 1999.
"Unit Root Tests in the Presence of Markov Regime-Switching,"
Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington
0040, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Charles Nelson & Jeremy Piger & Eric Zivot, 1999. "Unit Root Tests in the Presence of Markov Regime-Switching," Working Papers 0040, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Cho, Jaeho & Yoo, Byoung Hark, 2011. "The Korean stock market volatility during the currency crisis and the credit crisis," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 246-252.
- Adlai Fisher, 1999. "Multivariate Stock Returns Around Extreme Events: A Reassessment of Economic Fundamentals and the 1987 Market Crash," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-071, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Christian Jochum, 2001. "Is the covariance of international stock market returns regime dependent?," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 247-268.
- Chen, Shyh-Wei & Shen, Chung-Hua, 2012. "Examining the stochastic behavior of REIT returns: Evidence from the regime switching approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 291-298.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:11:y:1996:i:1:p:41-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.