Combined Pricing and Inventory Control Under Uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sanford J. Grossman & Richard E. Kihlstrom & Leonard J. Mirman, 1977. "A Bayesian Approach to the Production of Information and Learning By Doing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 533-547.
- Guillermo Gallego & Garrett van Ryzin, 1994. "Optimal Dynamic Pricing of Inventories with Stochastic Demand over Finite Horizons," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(8), pages 999-1020, August.
- Rothschild, Michael, 1974. "A two-armed bandit theory of market pricing," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 185-202, October.
- Lode Li, 1988. "A Stochastic Theory of the Firm," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 447-466, August.
- L. Joseph Thomas, 1974. "Technical Note—Price and Production Decisions with Random Demand," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 22(3), pages 513-518, June.
- Yakov Amihud & Haim Mendelson, 1983. "Price Smoothing and Inventory," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 87-98.
- McLennan, Andrew, 1984. "Price dispersion and incomplete learning in the long run," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 331-347, September.
- Zabel, Edward, 1972. "Multiperiod monopoly under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 524-536, December.
- Polatoglu, L. Hakan, 1991. "Optimal order quantity and pricing decisions in single-period inventory systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-3), pages 175-185, October.
- E. Zabel, 1970. "Monopoly and Uncertainty," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(2), pages 205-219.
- Arvind Rajan & Richard Rakesh, 1992. "Dynamic Pricing and Ordering Decisions by a Monopolist," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(2), pages 240-262, February.
- Gary D. Eppen & Ananth. V. Iyer, 1997. "Backup Agreements in Fashion Buying---The Value of Upstream Flexibility," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(11), pages 1469-1484, November.
- Marshall Fisher & Ananth Raman, 1996. "Reducing the Cost of Demand Uncertainty Through Accurate Response to Early Sales," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 87-99, February.
- David J. Braden & Shmuel S. Oren, 1994. "Nonlinear Pricing to Produce Information," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 310-326.
- Balvers, Ronald J & Cosimano, Thomas F, 1990. "Actively Learning about Demand and the Dynamics of Price Adjustment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 882-898, September.
- Linn I. Sennott, 1989. "Average Cost Optimal Stationary Policies in Infinite State Markov Decision Processes with Unbounded Costs," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 37(4), pages 626-633, August.
- T. M. Whitin, 1955. "Inventory Control and Price Theory," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 61-68, October.
More about this item
Keywordsinventory/production; uncertainty; stochastic; operating characteristics; planning horizons; marketing; pricing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:oropre:v:47:y:1999:i:3:p:454-475. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.