Carbon Capture by Fossil Fuel Power Plants: An Economic Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521700801 is not listed on IDEAS
- William P. Rogerson, 2008. "Intertemporal Cost Allocation and Investment Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(5), pages 931-950, October.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743.
- Borenstein, Severin, 2000.
"Understanding Competitive Pricing and Market Power in Wholesale Electricity Markets,"
The Electricity Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 49-57, July.
- Borenstein, Severin, 1999. "Understanding Competitive Pricing and Market Power in Wholesale Electricity Markets," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt00p2p3wv, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Rogerson, William P, 1997. "Intertemporal Cost Allocation and Managerial Investment Incentives: A Theory Explaining the Use of Economic Value Added as a Performance Measure," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(4), pages 770-795, August.
- Madhav V. Rajan & Stefan Reichelstein, 2009. "Depreciation Rules and the Relation between Marginal and Historical Cost," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 823-865, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989. "An Expository Note on Depreciation and Profitability under Rate-of-Return Regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 293-298, September.
- Arrow Kenneth J, 2007. "Global Climate Change: A Challenge to Policy," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 4(3), pages 1-5, June.
- Rubin, Edward S. & Chen, Chao & Rao, Anand B., 2007. "Cost and performance of fossil fuel power plants with CO2 capture and storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4444-4454, September.
- Sekar, Ram C. & Parsons, John E. & Herzog, Howard J. & Jacoby, Henry D., 2007. "Future carbon regulations and current investments in alternative coal-fired power plant technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1064-1074, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massol, Olivier & Tchung-Ming, Stéphane & Banal-Estañol, Albert, 2015.
"Joining the CCS club! The economics of CO2 pipeline projects,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 247(1), pages 259-275.
- Olivier Massol & Stéphane Tchung-Ming & Albert Banal-Estañol, 2015. "Joining the CCS Club ! The economics of CO2 pipeline projects," Post-Print hal-01208201, HAL.
- Gérard P. Cachon, 2014. "Retail Store Density and the Cost of Greenhouse Gas Emissions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(8), pages 1907-1925, August.
- Hoel, Michael & Jensen, Svenn, 2012.
"Cutting costs of catching carbon—Intertemporal effects under imperfect climate policy,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 680-695.
- Michael Hoel & Svenn Jensen, 2010. "Cutting Costs of Catching Carbon. Intertemporal effects under imperfect climate policy," Discussion Papers 639, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Michael Hoel & Svenn Jensen, 2010. "Cutting Costs of Catching Carbon - Intertemporal Effects under Imperfect Climate Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 3284, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hoel, Michael & Jensen, Svenn, 2010. "Cutting Costs of Catching Carbon - Intertemporal effects under imperfect climate policy," Memorandum 19/2010, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Reichelstein, Stefan & Yorston, Michael, 2013. "The prospects for cost competitive solar PV power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 117-127.
- Sebastiano Cupertino, 2013. "Cost-benefit analysis of carbon dioxide capture and storage considering the impact of two different climate change mitigation regimes," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(1), pages 73-89.
- Andreas Welling, 2017. "Green Finance: Recent developments, characteristics and important actors," FEMM Working Papers 170002, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Fan, Jin & He, Haonan & Wu, Yanrui, 2016. "Personal carbon trading and subsidies for hybrid electric vehicles," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 164-173.
- Li, Yao & Fan, Jin & Zhao, Dingtao & Wu, Yanrui & Li, Jun, 2016.
"Tiered gasoline pricing: A personal carbon trading perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 194-201.
- Yao Li & Jin Fan & Dingtao Zhao & Yanrui Wu & Jun Li, 2016. "Tiered Gasoline Pricing: A Personal Carbon Trading Perspective," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 16-02, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Andreas A. Renz & Christoph Weber, 2012. "A Hotelling Model for Fixed-Cost Driven Power Generation," EWL Working Papers 1206, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Jan 2013.
- Ji, Guojun & Gunasekaran, Angappa & Yang, Guangyong, 2014. "Constructing sustainable supply chain under double environmental medium regulations," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(PB), pages 211-219.
- Yu Zhou & Jin Fan & Dingtao Zhao & Shanyong Wang, 2016. "The impact of carbon trading on regulated agents in China," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 377-390, March.
- Barradale, Merrill Jones, 2014. "Investment under uncertain climate policy: A practitioners׳ perspective on carbon risk," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 520-535.
- Comello, Stephen & Reichelstein, Stefan, 2014. "Incentives for early adoption of carbon capture technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 579-588.
More about this item
Keywordscost-benefit analysis; environment; pollution; government; energy policies; accounting; natural resources; energy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:57:y:2011:i:1:p:21-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.