Technical Note: Mathematical Properties of the Optimal Product Line Selection Problem Using Choice-Based Conjoint Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Paul E. Green & Abba M. Krieger, 1985. "Models and Heuristics for Product Line Selection," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(1), pages 1-19.
- Rajeev Kohli & Ramesh Krishnamurti, 1987. "A Heuristic Approach to Product Design," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(12), pages 1523-1533, December.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1987. "Regression-based specification tests for the multinomial logit model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 63-82.
- Richard D. McBride & Fred S. Zufryden, 1988. "An Integer Programming Approach to the Optimal Product Line Selection Problem," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(2), pages 126-140.
- Suresh K. Nair & Lakshman S. Thakur & Kuang-Wei Wen, 1995. "Near Optimal Solutions for Product Line Design and Selection: Beam Search Heuristics," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(5), pages 767-785, May.
- Paul E. Green & Abba M. Krieger, 1996. "Individualized Hybrid Models for Conjoint Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(6), pages 850-867, June.
- Gregory Dobson & Shlomo Kalish, 1993. "Heuristics for Pricing and Positioning a Product-Line Using Conjoint and Cost Data," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(2), pages 160-175, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Winfried Steiner & Harald Hruschka, 2002. "A Probabilistic One-Step Approach to the Optimal Product Line Design Problem Using Conjoint and Cost Data," Review of Marketing Science Working Papers 1-4-1003, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Mayer, Stefan & Steinhardt, Claudius, 2016. "Optimal product line pricing in the presence of budget-constrained consumers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(1), pages 219-233.
- Kraus, Ursula G. & Yano, Candace Arai, 2003. "Product line selection and pricing under a share-of-surplus choice model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 150(3), pages 653-671, November.
- Schön, Cornelia, 2010. "On the product line selection problem under attraction choice models of consumer behavior," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 206(1), pages 260-264, October.
- Gensler, Sonja & Hinz, Oliver & Skiera, Bernd & Theysohn, Sven, 2012. "Willingness-to-pay estimation with choice-based conjoint analysis: Addressing extreme response behavior with individually adapted designs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(2), pages 368-378.
- Day, Jamison M. & Venkataramanan, M.A., 2006. "Profitability in product line pricing and composition with manufacturing commonalities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(3), pages 1782-1797, December.
- Wallace J. Hopp & Xiaowei Xu, 2005. "Product Line Selection and Pricing with Modularity in Design," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(3), pages 172-187, August.
- Talebian, Masoud & Boland, Natashia & Savelsbergh, Martin, 2014. "Pricing to accelerate demand learning in dynamic assortment planning for perishable products," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(2), pages 555-565.
- Slavomir Bednar & Jan Modrak, 2015. "Product Variety Management As A Tool For Successful Mass Customized Product Structure," Polish Journal of Management Studies, Czestochowa Technical University, Department of Management, vol. 12(1), pages 16-25, DEcember.
- Hongmin Li & Woonghee Tim Huh, 2011. "Pricing Multiple Products with the Multinomial Logit and Nested Logit Models: Concavity and Implications," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 13(4), pages 549-563, October.
- Cornelia Schön, 2010. "On the Optimal Product Line Selection Problem with Price Discrimination," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(5), pages 896-902, May.
- Ahmed Ghoniem & Bacel Maddah & Ameera Ibrahim, 2016. "Optimizing assortment and pricing of multiple retail categories with cross-selling," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 291-309, October.
- Burkart, Wolfgang R. & Klein, Robert & Mayer, Stefan, 2012. "Product line pricing for services with capacity constraints and dynamic substitution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(2), pages 347-359.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:254:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-017-2478-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexandre Belloni & Mitchell J. Lovett & William Boulding & Richard Staelin, 2012. "Optimal Admission and Scholarship Decisions: Choosing Customized Marketing Offers to Attract a Desirable Mix of Customers," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(4), pages 621-636, July.
More about this item
Keywordsproduct design; multinomial logit model; choice-based conjoint analysis; independence of irrelevant alternatives; totally unimodular binary integer program; optimal product line selection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:46:y:2000:i:2:p:327-332. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.