An Application of Copulas to Accident Precursor Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bier, Vicki M. & Yi, Woojune, 1995. "A Bayesian method for analyzing dependencies in precursor data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 25-41, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meade, Nigel & Islam, Towhidul, 2010. "Using copulas to model repeat purchase behaviour - An exploratory analysis via a case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(3), pages 908-917, February.
- Tianyang Wang & James S. Dyer, 2012. "A Copulas-Based Approach to Modeling Dependence in Decision Trees," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 60(1), pages 225-242, February.
- Robert T. Clemen & Terence Reilly, 1999. "Correlations and Copulas for Decision and Risk Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(2), pages 208-224, February.
- van Dorp, J. Rene, 2005. "Statistical dependence through common risk factors: With applications in uncertainty analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 240-255, February.
- Donald L. Keefer & Craig W. Kirkwood & James L. Corner, 2004. "Perspective on Decision Analysis Applications, 1990–2001," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 1(1), pages 4-22, March.
- Hernández-Bastida, A. & Fernández-Sánchez, M.P. & Gómez-Déniz, E., 2009. "The net Bayes premium with dependence between the risk profiles," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 247-254, October.
- Samuel Kotz & Johan René van Dorp, 2010. "Generalized Diagonal Band Copulas with Two-Sided Generating Densities," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 7(2), pages 196-214, June.
- Nima Khakzad & Sina Khakzad & Faisal Khan, 2014. "Probabilistic risk assessment of major accidents: application to offshore blowouts in the Gulf of Mexico," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 74(3), pages 1759-1771, December.
- J. Eric Bickel & James E. Smith, 2006. "Optimal Sequential Exploration: A Binary Learning Model," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 16-32, March.
- Wagner, Stephan M. & Bode, Christoph & Koziol, Philipp, 2009. "Supplier default dependencies: Empirical evidence from the automotive industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 199(1), pages 150-161, November.
- Ali E. Abbas, 2009. "Multiattribute Utility Copulas," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 57(6), pages 1367-1383, December.
- Altay, Nezih & Green III, Walter G., 2006. "OR/MS research in disaster operations management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(1), pages 475-493, November.
- Agustín Hernández-Bastida & M. Fernández-Sánchez, 2012. "A Sarmanov family with beta and gamma marginal distributions: an application to the Bayes premium in a collective risk model," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 21(4), pages 391-409, November.
- Robin L. Dillon & Catherine H. Tinsley, 2008. "How Near-Misses Influence Decision Making Under Risk: A Missed Opportunity for Learning," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(8), pages 1425-1440, August.
- Khakzad, Nima & Khan, Faisal & Paltrinieri, Nicola, 2014. "On the application of near accident data to risk analysis of major accidents," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 116-125.
- Jinshu Cui & Heather Rosoff & Richard S. John, 2017. "A Polytomous Item Response Theory Model for Measuring Near-Miss Appraisal as a Psychological Trait," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 14(2), pages 75-86, June.
- Ali E. Abbas & David V. Budescu & Yuhong (Rola) Gu, 2010. "Assessing Joint Distributions with Isoprobability Contours," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(6), pages 997-1011, June.
More about this item
KeywordsCopulas; Accident Precursors; Risk Analysis; Dependencies; Bayesian Analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:44:y:1998:i:12-part-2:p:s257-s270. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.