An Analysis of Contagion in Emerging Currency Markets Using Multivariate Extreme Value Theory
The objective of this paper is to analyze short-term contagion effects in emerging currency markets. The originality of our paper lies in our survey used to present the microstructure of emerging currency markets and our empirical approach to contagion analysis through an estimation of tail dependence between pair currencies employing multivariate extreme value theory for the verification of results of our survey.
Volume (Year): 21 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2-1-1 Nihonbashi, Hongoku-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103|
Web page: http://www.imes.boj.or.jp/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Toshiaki Watana, 2000. "Excess kurtosis of conditional distribution for daily stock returns: the case of Japan," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 353-355.
- Roberto Rigobon, 2002.
"Contagion: How to Measure It?,"
in: Preventing Currency Crises in Emerging Markets, pages 269-334
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poon, Ser-Huang & Rockinger, Michael & Tawn, Jonathan, 2001.
"New Extreme-Value Dependence Measures and Finance Applications,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2762, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ser-Huang Poon & Michael Rockinger & J. Tawn, 2001. "New Extreme-Value Dependance Measures and Finance Applications," Working Papers hal-00597018, HAL.
- POON, Ser-Huang & ROCKINGER, Michael & TAWN, Jonathan, 2001. "New Extreme-Value Dependance Measures and Finance Applications," Les Cahiers de Recherche 719, HEC Paris.
- Martin D. D. Evans, 2001.
"FX Trading and Exchange Rate Dynamics,"
NBER Working Papers
8116, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wang, Kai-Li & Fawson, Christopher B. & Barrett, Christopher B. & McDonald, James B., 1998.
"A Flexible Parametric Garch Model With An Application To Exchange Rates,"
Economics Research Institute, ERI Study Papers
28355, Utah State University, Economics Department.
- Kai-Li Wang & Christopher Fawson & Christopher B. Barrett & James B. McDonald, 2001. "A flexible parametric GARCH model with an application to exchange rates," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 521-536.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ime:imemes:v:21:y:2003:i:2:p:113-131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kinken)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.