Regime switching in stock index and futures markets: a note on the NIKKEI evidence
Using a time-varying regime-switching vector error correction approach, we find strong evidence that the NIKKEI stock index cash and futures prices are jointly characterized by regime switching, which is time-varying and dependent upon the basis, the interest rate, the volatility of the cash index, and the US futures market. Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume (Year): 14 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/1076-9307/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://jws-edcv.wiley.com/jcatalog/JournalsCatalogOrder/JournalOrder?PRINT_ISSN=1076-9307|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vicente Meneu & Hipòlit Torró, 2003.
"Asymmetric covariance in spot‐futures markets,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(11), pages 1019-1046, November.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1987. "Commodity Futures Prices: Some Evidence on Forecast Power, Premiums,and the Theory of Storage," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(1), pages 55-73, January.
- Jian Yang & David A. Bessler, 2004. "The International Price Transmission in Stock Index Futures Markets," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(3), pages 370-386, July.
- French, Kenneth R., 1980. "Stock returns and the weekend effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 55-69, March.
- Alizadeh, Amir H. & Nomikos, Nikos K. & Pouliasis, Panos K., 2008. "A Markov regime switching approach for hedging energy commodities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1970-1983, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijf:ijfiec:v:14:y:2009:i:4:p:394-399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.