A Seasonality in the Pakistani Equity Market: The Ramadhan Effect
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Husain, Fazal, 1998. "A Seasonality in the Pakistani Equity Market: The Ramadhan Effect," MPRA Paper 5032, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ariel, Robert A., 1987. "A monthly effect in stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 161-174, March.
- Gibbons, Michael R & Hess, Patrick, 1981. "Day of the Week Effects and Asset Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 579-596, October.
- French, Kenneth R., 1980. "Stock returns and the weekend effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 55-69, March.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1986. "A transaction data study of weekly and intradaily patterns in stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 99-117, May.
- Keim, Donald B., 1983. "Size-related anomalies and stock return seasonality : Further empirical evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 13-32, June.
- Gultekin, Mustafa N. & Gultekin, N. Bulent, 1983. "Stock market seasonality : International Evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 469-481, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:233-241 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abbes, Mouna Boujelbène & Abdelhédi-Zouch, Mouna, 2015. "Does hajj pilgrimage affect the Islamic investor sentiment?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 138-152.
- Murat Akbalik & K. Batu Tunay, 2016. "An Analysis Of Ramadan Effect By Gjr-Garch Model: Case Of Borsa Istanbul," Oeconomia Copernicana, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 7(4), pages 593-612, December.
- repec:ddj:fserec:y:2017:p:95-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salman Syed Ali & Khalid Mustafa, 2001. "Testing Semi-strong Form Efficiency of Stock Market," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 40(4), pages 651-674.
- Seyyed, Fazal J. & Abraham, Abraham & Al-Hajji, Mohsen, 2005. "Seasonality in stock returns and volatility: The Ramadan effect," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 374-383, September.
- repec:pal:assmgt:v:18:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1057_s41260-016-0028-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Attiya Y. Javid, 2007.
"Stock Market Reaction to Catastrophic Shock: Evidence from Listed Pakistani Firms,"
2007:37, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Attiya Y. Javid, 2007. "Stock Market Reaction to Catastrophic Shock : Evidence from Listed Pakistani Firms," Finance Working Papers 22199, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Matthew C. Mitchell & Muhamad Iqbal Mohd Rafi & Sean Severe & Jeffrey A. Kappen, 2014. "Conventional Vs. Islamic Finance: The Impact Of Ramadan Upon Sharia-Compliant Markets," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 5(1).
- Galor, Oded & Moav, Omer & Vollrath, Dietrich, 2003.
"Land Inequality and the Origin of Divergence and Overtaking in the Growth Process: Theory and Evidence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3817, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oded Galor & Omer Moav & Dietrich Vollrath, 2004. "Land Inequality and the Origin of Divergence and Overtaking in the Growth Process: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 2003-04, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Oded Galor & Omer Moav, 2005. "Land Inequality and the Origin of Divergence and Overtaking in the Growth Process: Theory and Evidence," 2005 Meeting Papers 24, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hasbullah, Faruq & Masih, Mansur, 2016. "Fast profits in a fasting month? A markov regime switching approach in search of ramadan effect on stock markets," MPRA Paper 72149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:67:y:2018:i:c:p:273-281 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter Hansen & Asger Lunde, 2003. "Testing the Significance of Calendar Effects," Working Papers 2003-03, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Halari, Anwar & Tantisantiwong, Nongnuch & Power, David. M. & Helliar, Christine, 2015. "Islamic calendar anomalies: Evidence from Pakistani firm-level data," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 64-73.
- repec:pje:journl:article27sumi is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bec:imsber:v:9:y:2017:i:3:p:104-122 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:journl:v:37:y:1998:i:1:p:77-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.