Legal, Economic, and Cultural Aspects of file sharing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sanjay Jain, 2008. "Digital Piracy: A Competitive Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 610-626, 07-08.
- Liebowitz, Stan J, 2006. "File Sharing: Creative Destruction or Just Plain Destruction?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(1), pages 1-28, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- C. Bellégo & R. De Nijs, 2015. "The redistributive effect of online piracy on the box office performance of American movies in foreign markets," Documents de Travail de l'Insee - INSEE Working Papers g2015-17, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques.
- Luis Aguiar & Jörg Claussen & Christian Peukert, 2018.
"Catch Me If You Can: Effectiveness and Consequences of Online Copyright Enforcement,"
Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 656-678, September.
- Peukert, Christian & Aguiar, Luis & Claussen, Jörg, 2016. "Catch Me if You Can: Effectiveness and Consequences of Online Copyright Enforcement," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145490, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Brett Danaher & Michael D. Smith & Rahul Telang, 2014.
"Piracy and Copyright Enforcement Mechanisms,"
Innovation Policy and the Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 25-61.
- Liang Guo & Xiangyi Meng, 2015. "Digital Content Provision and Optimal Copyright Protection," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(5), pages 1183-1196, May.
- Eric Chiang & Djeto Assane, 2007. "Determinants of music copyright violations on the university campus," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 31(3), pages 187-204, September.
- J. McKenzie & W. D. Walls, "undated".
"File Sharing and Film Revenues: An Empirical Analysis,"
2013-01, Department of Economics, University of Calgary.
- McKenzie, Jordi & Walls, W. D., 2013. "File-Sharing and Film Revenues: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 2013-14, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Herz, Benedikt & Kiljanski, Kamil, 2016. "Movie Piracy and Displaced Sales in Europe: Evidence from Six Countries," MPRA Paper 80817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leung, Tin Cheuk, 2015.
"Music piracy: Bad for record sales but good for the iPod?,"
Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-12.
- Leung, Tin Cheuk, 2012. "Music Piracy: Bad for Record Sales but Good for the iPod?," MPRA Paper 45772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2013.
"Zur Rolle der Ökonometrie in der wissenschaftlichen Politikberatung,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 14(1-2), pages 3-30, February.
- Kirchgässner, Gebhard, 2012. "Zur Rolle der Ökonometrie in der wissenschaftlichen Politikberatung," Economics Working Paper Series 1223, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Gans, Joshua S., 2015.
"“Selling Out” and the impact of music piracy on artist entry,"
Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 58-64.
- Joshua S. Gans, 2014. ""Selling Out" and the Impact of Music Piracy on Artist Entry," NBER Working Papers 20162, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chao, Hong & Ho, Chun-Yu & Leung, Tin Cheuk & Ng, Travis, 2017.
"To root or not to root? The economics of jailbreak,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 481-497.
- Leung, Tin Cheuk & Ng, Travis & Ho, Chun-Yu & Chao, Hong, 2013. "To Root or Not to Root? The Economics of Jailbreak," MPRA Paper 47409, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stan J. Liebowitz, 2008. "Research Note--Testing File Sharing's Impact on Music Album Sales in Cities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(4), pages 852-859, April.
- Jin-Hyuk Kim & Tin Cheuk Leung, 2013. "Quantifying the Impacts of Digital Rights Management and E-Book Pricing on the E-Book Reader Market," Working Papers 13-03, NET Institute.
- Khouja, Moutaz & Wang, Yulan, 2010. "The impact of digital channel distribution on the experience goods industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(1), pages 481-491, November.
- Christophe Bellégo & Romain De Nijs, 2020. "The Unintended Consequences of Antipiracy Laws on Markets with Asymmetric Piracy: The Case of the French Movie Industry," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 31(4), pages 1064-1086, December.
- Kresimir Zigic & Jiri Strelicky & Michal Kunin, 2020. "Private and Public IPR Protection in a Vertically Differentiated Software Duopoly," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp671, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Huang, Yeu-Shiang & Huang, Wei-Jeh & Fang, Chih-Chiang, 2018. "Coordination for distribution of motion pictures in the context of piracy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 209-225.
- Joel Waldfogel, 2011. "Bye, Bye, Miss American Pie? The Supply of New Recorded Music Since Napster," NBER Working Papers 16882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bart Cammaerts, 2011. "Disruptive sharing in a digital age: rejecting neoliberalism?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 32857, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Zhang, Jie & Zhang, Rachel Q., 2015. "Supply chain structure in a market with deceptive counterfeits," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(1), pages 84-97.
More about this item
Keywordsfilesharing; downloading/uploading; entertainment industry; cultural analysis; economic analysis; legal and policy analysis.;
All these keywords.
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idt:journl:cs7703. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/idatefr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: BLAVIER Thomas The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask BLAVIER Thomas to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/idatefr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.