A comprehensive approach to planning the deployment of transportation assets in distributing forest products
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crevier, Benoit & Cordeau, Jean-Francois & Laporte, Gilbert, 2007. "The multi-depot vehicle routing problem with inter-depot routes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(2), pages 756-773, January.
- Patrick Hirsch, 2011. "Minimizing Empty Truck Loads in Round Timber Transport with Tabu Search Strategies," International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management (IJISSCM), IGI Global, vol. 4(2), pages 15-41, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koichi Shintani & Rob Konings & Etsuko Nishimura & Akio Imai, 2020. "The impact of foldable containers on the cost of empty container relocation in the hinterland of seaports," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 22(1), pages 68-101, March.
- Zhang, Ruiyou & Zhao, Haishu & Moon, Ilkyeong, 2018. "Range-based truck-state transition modeling method for foldable container drayage services," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 225-239.
- Zhang, Ruiyou & Huang, Chao & Feng, Xuehao, 2020. "Empty container repositioning with foldable containers in a river transport network considering the limitations of bridge heights," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 197-213.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yanchao Liu, 2019. "A Progressive Motion-Planning Algorithm and Traffic Flow Analysis for High-Density 2D Traffic," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(6), pages 1501-1525, November.
- Bhoopalam, Anirudh Kishore & Agatz, Niels & Zuidwijk, Rob, 2018. "Planning of truck platoons: A literature review and directions for future research," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 212-228.
- Maximilian Schiffer & Michael Schneider & Grit Walther & Gilbert Laporte, 2019. "Vehicle Routing and Location Routing with Intermediate Stops: A Review," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(2), pages 319-343, March.
- CASTRO, Marco & SÖRENSEN, Kenneth & VANSTEENWEGEN, Pieter & GOOS, Peter, 2012. "A simple GRASP+VND for the travelling salesperson problem with hotel selection," Working Papers 2012024, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Marques, Alexandra & Soares, Ricardo & Santos, Maria João & Amorim, Pedro, 2020. "Integrated planning of inbound and outbound logistics with a Rich Vehicle Routing Problem with backhauls," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 92(C).
- Markov, Iliya & Varone, Sacha & Bierlaire, Michel, 2016. "Integrating a heterogeneous fixed fleet and a flexible assignment of destination depots in the waste collection VRP with intermediate facilities," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 256-273.
- Yong Wang & Shouguo Peng & Kevin Assogba & Yong Liu & Haizhong Wang & Maozeng Xu & Yinhai Wang, 2018. "Implementation of Cooperation for Recycling Vehicle Routing Optimization in Two-Echelon Reverse Logistics Networks," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-27, April.
- Goeke, Dominik & Schneider, Michael, 2015. "Routing a mixed fleet of electric and conventional vehicles," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(1), pages 81-99.
- Diego Cattaruzza & Nabil Absi & Dominique Feillet, 2018. "Vehicle routing problems with multiple trips," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 271(1), pages 127-159, December.
- Diego Cattaruzza & Nabil Absi & Dominique Feillet, 2016. "Vehicle routing problems with multiple trips," 4OR, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 223-259, September.
- Michael Schneider & Andreas Stenger & Dominik Goeke, 2014. "The Electric Vehicle-Routing Problem with Time Windows and Recharging Stations," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(4), pages 500-520, November.
- Shuai Zhang & Yuvraj Gajpal & S. S. Appadoo, 2018. "A meta-heuristic for capacitated green vehicle routing problem," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 269(1), pages 753-771, October.
- CASTRO, Marco & SÖRENSEN, Kenneth & GOOS, Peter & VANSTEENWEGEN, Pieter, 2014. "The multiple travelling salesperson problem with hotel selection," Working Papers 2014030, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Andie Pramudita & Eiichi Taniguchi, 2014. "Model of debris collection operation after disasters and its application in urban area," International Journal of Urban Sciences, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 218-243, July.
- Ramos, Tânia Rodrigues Pereira & Gomes, Maria Isabel & Barbosa-Póvoa, Ana Paula, 2014. "Planning a sustainable reverse logistics system: Balancing costs with environmental and social concerns," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 60-74.
- Erfan Ghorbani & Mahdi Alinaghian & Gevork. B. Gharehpetian & Sajad Mohammadi & Guido Perboli, 2020. "A Survey on Environmentally Friendly Vehicle Routing Problem and a Proposal of Its Classification," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-1, October.
- Taekwan Yoon & Christopher R. Cherry, 2018. "Migrating towards Using Electric Vehicles in Campus-Proposed Methods for Fleet Optimization," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-16, January.
- Juho Andelmin & Enrico Bartolini, 2017. "An Exact Algorithm for the Green Vehicle Routing Problem," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(4), pages 1288-1303, November.
- Goeke, D. & Schneider, M., 2015. "Routing a Mixed Fleet of Electric and Conventional Vehicles," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 65939, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Du, Jiaoman & Zhou, Jiandong & Li, Xiang & Li, Lei & Guo, Ao, 2021. "Integrated self-driving travel scheme planning," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 232(C).
More about this item
Keywordswood transport; metaheuristics; tabu search; optimisation; vehicle routing; foldable containers; forest products; wood supply chains; log trucks; transport modes; revenue management; container scheduling.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ids:ijrevm:v:6:y:2012:i:1/2:p:45-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmel O'Grady) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Carmel O'Grady to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=99 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.