New Evidence on the Causal Linkages Between Foreign Direct Investment,Exports and Imports in Malaysia
: By extending Wong and Tang s (2007) study, this paper aims at further exploring the causal relations between Foreign Direct Investment (FDI ), exports and imports. There is a unique long-run causal relationship running from exports as well as imports to FDI. A bidirectional causal relationship exists between exports and imports. These findings provide useful policy implications for sustaining the FDI inflows on one hand and promoting links between Multinational Corporations (MNCs) and local firms on the other.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): VIII (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:06:y:2007:i:14:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lanne, Markku & Lütkepohl, Helmut & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2002.
"Comparison of Unit Root Tests for Time Series with Level Shifts,"
76035, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lanne, Markku & Lütkepohl, Helmut & Saikkonen, Pentti, 1999. "Comparison of unit root tests for time series with level shifts," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,88, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Penelope Pacheco-López, 2004.
"Foreign Direct Investment, Exports and Imports in Mexico,"
Studies in Economics
0404, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Penélope Pacheco-López, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment, Exports and Imports in Mexico," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(8), pages 1157-1172, 08.
- Tuck Cheong Tang & Koi Nyen Wong, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment and Electronics Exports: Exploratory Empirical Evidence from Malaysia's Top Five Electronics Exports," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(14), pages 1-8.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:14:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:icf:icfjae:v:08:y:2008:i:1:p:20-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (G R K Murty)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.