Which Type of Social Capital Matters for Building Trust in Government? Looking for a New Type of Social Capital in the Governance Era
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Evans, Peter, 1996. "Government action, social capital and development: Reviewing the evidence on synergy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1119-1132, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eulalia Skawińska & Romuald I. Zalewski, 2020. "Success Factors of Startups in the EU—A Comparative Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(19), pages 1-28, October.
- Fabrice Murtin & Lara Fleischer & Vincent Siegerink & Arnstein Aassve & Yann Algan & Romina Boarini & Santiago Gonzalez & Zsuzsanna Lonti & Ulrich Schmidt & Gianluca Grimalda & Rafael Hortala Vallve &, 2018. "Trust and its determinants," Sciences Po publications 89, Sciences Po.
- Piotr Zmyślony & Grzegorz Leszczyński & Anna Waligóra & Wiesław Alejziak, 2020. "The Sharing Economy and Sustainability of Urban Destinations in the (Over)tourism Context: The Social Capital Theory Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(6), pages 1-26, March.
- Katherine E. Laycock & Carrie L. Mitchell, 2019. "Social capital and incremental transformative change: responding to climate change experts in Metro Manila," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 47-66, January.
- Hyungjun Seo & Seunghwan Myeong, 2020. "The Priority of Factors of Building Government as a Platform with Analytic Hierarchy Process Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(14), pages 1-28, July.
- Jeakang Heo & Yongjune Kim & Jinzhe Yan, 2020. "Sustainability of Live Video Streamer’s Strategies: Live Streaming Video Platform and Audience’s Social Capital in South Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-13, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Levien, Michael, 2015. "Social Capital as Obstacle to Development: Brokering Land, Norms, and Trust in Rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 77-92.
- Caroline Patsias & Anne Latendresse & Laurence Bherer, 2013. "Participatory Democracy, Decentralization and Local Governance: the Montreal Participatory Budget in the light of ‘Empowered Participatory Governance’," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(6), pages 2214-2230, November.
- Tamilina, Larysa, 2012. "Characteristics of social policies and social trust," MPRA Paper 96517, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wouter Groot & Haranath Tadepally, 2008. "Community action for environmental restoration: a case study on collective social capital in India," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 519-536, August.
- A. Arrighetti & G. Seravalli & G. Wolleb, 2001. "Social Capital, Institutions and Collective Action Between Firms," Economics Department Working Papers 2001-EP08, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Bouquet, Emmanuelle, 2009. "State-Led Land Reform and Local Institutional Change: Land Titles, Land Markets and Tenure Security in Mexican Communities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1390-1399, August.
- Daniel Edevbaro, 1997. "Promoting Education within the Context of a Neo-Patrimonial State: The Case of Nigeria," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-1997-123, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Brinkerhoff, Derick W., 2000. "Democratic Governance and Sectoral Policy Reform: Tracing Linkages and Exploring Synergies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 601-615, April.
- Gila Menahem & Gideon Doron & David Itzhak Haim, 2011. "Bonding and Bridging Associational Social Capital and the Financial Performance of Local Authorities in Israel," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(5), pages 659-681, June.
- Ferraz, Osni Giani & Pase, Hemerson Luiz & Brandao, Sheila & Balcewicz, Luiz Carlos, 2008. "Microcrédito Rural: Análise Sobre A Modalidade Do Pronaf B," 46th Congress, July 20-23, 2008, Rio Branco, Acre, Brazil 107936, Sociedade Brasileira de Economia, Administracao e Sociologia Rural (SOBER).
- Das Gupta, Monica & Grandvoinnet, Helene & Romani, Mattia, 2000. "State-community synergies in development : laying the basis for collective action," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2439, The World Bank.
- Burmeister, Larry & Ranis, Gustav & Wang, Michael, 2001. "Group Behavior and Development: A Comparison of Farmers' Organisations in South Korea and Taiwan," Center Discussion Papers 28464, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- De Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Murgai, Rinku, 2002. "Rural development and rural policy," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 31, pages 1593-1658, Elsevier.
- Titeca, Kristof & Vervisch, Thomas, 2008. "The Dynamics of Social Capital and Community Associations in Uganda: Linking Capital and its Consequences," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2205-2222, November.
- Naoko Ueada, 2018. "The Hearts, Minds, and Sentiments: The Volunteers Program in the Immunization Program in Bangladesh and the Chagas Diseases Control Project of Honduras," Working Papers 162, JICA Research Institute.
- Shah, Syed Akhter Hussain & Shah, Tariq & Ahmad, Eatzaz, 2011. "Equilibrium in Economic Development A Perspective of Social Capital," MPRA Paper 59294, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Madhushree Sekher, 2002. "Tackling Society’s ‘Detritus’: Stakeholder Partnerships and Urban Service Delivery In India," Working Papers 101, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Durston, John, 2001. "Social capital: part of the problem, part of the solution; its role in the persistence and overcoming of poverty in Latin America and the Caribbean," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 33038, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Saul Estrin & Tomasz Mickiewicz & Ute Stephan, 2013.
"Entrepreneurship, Social Capital, and Institutions: Social and Commercial Entrepreneurship across Nations,"
Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 37(3), pages 479-504, May.
- Saul Estrin & Tomasz Marek Mickiewicz & Ute Stephan, 2011. "Entrepreneurship, Social Capital, And Institutions: Social And Commercial Entrepreneurship Across Nations," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 115, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES), revised Nov 2012.
- Kim Coleman & Cecilia Danks, 2016. "Service-learning: a tool to create social capital for collaborative natural resource management," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 6(3), pages 470-478, September.
More about this item
Keywordstrust in government; bonding social capital; bridging social capital;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:322-:d:67024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.