Racial Dot Maps Based on Dasymetrically Modeled Gridded Population Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Lichter & Domenico Parisi & Steven Grice & Michael Taquino, 2007. "National estimates of racial segregation in rural and small-town America," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 44(3), pages 563-581, August.
- Chad R. Farrell, 2008. "Bifurcation, Fragmentation or Integration? The Racial and Geographical Structure of US Metropolitan Segregation, 1990â€”2000," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 45(3), pages 467-499, March.
- John Logan & Brian Stults & Reynolds Farley, 2004. "Segregation of minorities in the metropolis: two decades of change," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 41(1), pages 1-22, February.
- David M Theobald, 2014. "Development and Applications of a Comprehensive Land Use Classification and Map for the US," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(4), pages 1-14, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Richelle L. Winkler & Kenneth M. Johnson, 2016. "Moving Toward Integration? Effects of Migration on Ethnoracial Segregation Across the Rural-Urban Continuum," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(4), pages 1027-1049, August.
- Anna Dmowska & Tomasz F Stepinski & Pawel Netzel, 2017. "Comprehensive framework for visualizing and analyzing spatio-temporal dynamics of racial diversity in the entire United States," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(3), pages 1-20, March.
- Daniel T. Lichter & Domenico Parisi & Michael C. Taquino & Brian Beaulieu, 2007. "Race and the micro-scale spatial concentration of poverty," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(1), pages 51-67.
- Christopher S. Fowler & Barrett A. Lee & Stephen A. Matthews, 2016. "The Contributions of Places to Metropolitan Ethnoracial Diversity and Segregation: Decomposing Change Across Space and Time," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(6), pages 1955-1977, December.
- Logan, Trevon D. & Parman, John M., 2018. "Segregation and mortality over time and space," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 199(C), pages 77-86.
- Jeremy Pais & Scott South & Kyle Crowder, 2009. "White Flight Revisited: A Multiethnic Perspective on Neighborhood Out-Migration," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 28(3), pages 321-346, June.
- Tse-Chuan Yang & Stephen A Matthews, 2015. "Death by Segregation: Does the Dimension of Racial Segregation Matter?," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(9), pages 1-26, September.
- John M. Eason, 2017. "Prisons as Panacea or Pariah? The Countervailing Consequences of the Prison Boom on the Political Economy of Rural Towns," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Matthew Hall, 2013. "Residential Integration on the New Frontier: Immigrant Segregation in Established and New Destinations," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(5), pages 1873-1896, October.
- Jack Byerly, 2019. "The residential segregation of the American Indian and Alaska Native population in US metropolitan and micropolitan areas, 2010," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 40(33), pages 963-974.
- Owen Thompson, 2019. "School Desegregation and Black Teacher Employment," Department of Economics Working Papers 2019-14, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Julia Beckhusen & Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Thomas de Graaff & Jacques Poot & Brigitte Waldorf, 2012.
"Living and Working in Ethnic Enclaves: Language Proficiency of Immigrants in U.S. Metropolitan Areas,"
CReAM Discussion Paper Series
1203, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Beckhusen, Julia & Florax, Raymond J.G.M. & de Graaff, Thomas & Poot, Jacques & Waldorf, Brigitte, 2012. "Living and Working in Ethnic Enclaves: Language Proficiency of Immigrants in U.S. Metropolitan Areas," IZA Discussion Papers 6363, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- O. Alonso-Villar & C. Grad, 2013.
"Occupational segregation of Hispanics in US metropolitan areas,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(30), pages 4298-4307, October.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Carlos Gradin & Coral del Rio, 2012. "Occupational segregation of Hispanics in U.S. metropolitan areas," Working Papers 242, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Melissa Scopilliti & John Iceland, 2008. "Residential Patterns of Black Immigrants and Native‐Born Blacks in the United States," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 89(3), pages 551-572, September.
- Stepinski, Tomasz & Dmowska, Anna, 2019. "Imperfect melting pot – analysis of changes in diversity and segregation of US urban census tracts in the period of 1990-2010," SocArXiv uqj8x, Center for Open Science.
- Amy Spring, 2013. "Declining Segregation of Same-Sex Partners: Evidence from Census 2000 and 2010," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 32(5), pages 687-716, October.
- John Iceland & Gregory Sharp & Jeffrey Timberlake, 2013. "Sun Belt Rising: Regional Population Change and the Decline in Black Residential Segregation, 1970–2009," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(1), pages 97-123, February.
- Britton, Marcus L. & Shin, Heeju, 2013. "Metropolitan residential segregation and very preterm birth among African American and Mexican-origin women," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 37-45.
- Ronald Kwon & Brigitte Flores & Haydee Yonamine, 2018. "Spatial Segregation and the Impact of Linguistic Multicultural Policies Within the USA," Journal of International Migration and Integration, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 213-232, May.
- Jeffrey M. Timberlake, 2018. "Accounting for Demography and Preferences: New Estimates of Residential Segregation with Minimum Segregation Measures," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-20, June.
More about this item
Keywordsracial dot maps; racial segregation; racial diversity; gridded population data; Census areal units;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jscscx:v:8:y:2019:i:5:p:157-:d:232328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.