A forward-looking monetary policy reaction function
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- McCallum, Bennett T. & Nelson, Edward, 1999.
"Nominal income targeting in an open-economy optimizing model,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, pages 553-578.
- McCallum, B.T. & Nelson, E., 1998. "Nominal Income Targeting in an Open-Economy Optimizing Model," Papers 644, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- McCallum, Bennett T. & Nelson, Edward, 1998. "Nominal Income Targeting in an Open-Economy Optimizing Model," Seminar Papers 644, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Bennett T. McCallum & Edward Nelson, 2000. "Nominal Income Targeting in an Open-Economy Optimizing Model," NBER Working Papers 6675, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John B. Taylor, 1999. "A Historical Analysis of Monetary Policy Rules," NBER Chapters,in: Monetary Policy Rules, pages 319-348 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarida, Richard & Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1998.
"Monetary policy rules in practice Some international evidence,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1033-1067, June.
- Clarida, Richard & Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1997. "Monetary Policy Rules in Practice: Some International Evidence," Working Papers 97-32, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 1997. "Monetary Policy Rules in Practice: Some International Evidence," NBER Working Papers 6254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarida, Richard & Galí, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1997. "Monetary Policy Rules in Practice: Some International Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1750, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mehra, Yash P, 1997. "A Federal Funds Rate Equation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(3), pages 621-630, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Imen Mohamed Sghaier & Zouheir Abida, 2013. "Monetary Policy Rules for a Developing Countries: Evidence from Tunisia," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 5(1), pages 035-046, June.
- Mariano Kulish, 2006. "Term Structure Rules for Monetary Policy," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2006-02, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Rizki E. Wimanda & Paul M. Turner & Maximilian J.B. Hall, 2012. "Monetary policy rules for Indonesia: which type is the most efficient?," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(4), pages 469-484, December.
- William T. Gavin & Finn E. Kydland, 2000.
"The nominal facts and the October 1979 policy change,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 39-61.
- William T. Gavin & Finn E. Kydland, 2000. "The nominal facts and the October 1979 policy change," Working Papers 2000-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Mandler, Martin, 2007.
"Decomposing Federal Funds Rate forecast uncertainty using real-time data,"
13498, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2009.
- Martin Mandler, 2009. "Decomposing Federal Funds Rate forecast uncertainty using real-time data," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200947, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Josef Arlt & Martin Mandel, 2012.
"Je možné předpovídat repo sazbu ČNB na základě zpět hledícího měnového pravidla?
[Is it Possible to Predict the CNB Repo Rate on the Basis of the Backward-Looking Monetary Rule?]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, pages 484-504.
- Luís, Pacheco, 2004. "Asset Prices and Monetary Policy in the Euro Area: a tentative model," MPRA Paper 6579, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tachibana, Minoru, 2008. "Inflation zone targeting and the Federal Reserve," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, pages 68-84.
- Kulish Mariano, 2007. "Should Monetary Policy Use Long-Term Rates?," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, pages 1-26.
- Mehra, Yash P., 2002. "Level and growth policy rules and actual Fed policy since 1979," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, pages 575-594.
- Robert Tchaidze & Alina Carare, 2004.
"The Use and Abuse of Taylor Rules: How precisely can we estimate them?,"
Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings
132, Econometric Society.
- Alina Carare & Robert Tchaidze, 2008. "The Use and Abuse of Taylor Rules: How Precisely Can We Estimate Them?," Working Papers 006-08, International School of Economics at TSU, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia.
- Robert Tchaidze & Alina Carare, 2005. "The Use and Abuse of Taylor Rules; How Precisely Can We Estimate Them?," IMF Working Papers 05/148, International Monetary Fund.
- Qiong Li & Zhiwei Wang, 2010. "The Taylor rules and macroeconomic fluctuation in China: 1994–2006," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer;Higher Education Press, pages 232-253.
- Florens, C. & Jondeau, E. & Le Bihan, H., 2001.
"Assessing GMM Estimates of the Federal Reserve Reaction Function,"
83, Banque de France.
- Clémentine Florens & Eric Jondeau & Hervé Le Bihan, 2001. "Assessing GMM Estimates of the Federal Reserve Reaction Function," Econometrics 0111003, EconWPA.
- Rageh, Rania, 2010. "Interest rate rule for the conduct of monetary policy: analysis for Egypt (1997:2007)," MPRA Paper 26639, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yash P. Mehra, 2000. "Wage-price dynamics : are they consistent with cost push?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 27-43.
- Juan Paez-Farrell, 2005. "Interest Rate Rules and the Response to the Output Gap," Macroeconomics 0503016, EconWPA.
- Rizki E. Wimanda & Paul M. Turner & Maximilian J.B. Hall, 2012. "Monetary policy rules for Indonesia: which type is the most efficient?," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(4), pages 469-484, August.
- repec:prg:jnlpol:v:2017:y:2017:i:4:id:1153:p:424-439 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mandler, Martin, 2012. "Decomposing Federal Funds Rate forecast uncertainty using time-varying Taylor rules and real-time data," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 228-245.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary policy ; Federal funds rate;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedreq:y:1999:i:spr:p:33-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Pascasio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbrius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.