Borrower and neighborhood racial and income characteristics and financial institution mortgage application screening
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Schill, Michael H & Wachter, Susan M, 1994. "Borrower and Neighborhood Racial and Income Characteristics and Financial Institution Mortgage Application Screening," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 223-239, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Karikari & Ioan Voicu & Irene Fang, 2011. "FHA vs. Subprime Mortgage Originations: Is FHA the Answer to Subprime Lending?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(4), pages 441-458, November.
- Ross, Stephen L. & Tootell, Geoffrey M. B., 2004.
"Redlining, the Community Reinvestment Act, and private mortgage insurance,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 278-297, March.
- Stephen L. Ross & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 2000. "Redlining, the Community Reinvestment Act, and Private Mortgage Insurance," Working papers 2000-04, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Eric Rosenblatt, 1997. "A Reconsideration Of Discrimination In Mortgage Underwriting With Data From A National Mortgage Bank," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 11(1), pages 109-131, February.
- Ling, David C. & Wachter, Susan M., 1998. "Information Externalities and Home Mortgage Underwriting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 317-332, November.
- Drew Dahl & Douglas Evanoff & Michael Spivey, 2003. "The Timing and Persistence of CRA Compliance Ratings," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 113-132, April.
- Harrison, David M., 2001. "The Importance of Lender Heterogeneity in Mortgage Lending," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 285-309, March.
- David Horne, 1997. "Mortgage Lending, Race, and Model Specification," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 11(1), pages 43-68, February.
- Jeffrey M. Lacker, 1995. "Neighborhoods and banking," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 13-38.
- Jed L. DeVaro & Jeffrey M. Lacker, 1995. "Errors in variables and lending discrimination," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 19-32.
- Nothaft, Frank E. & Perry, Vanessa G., 2002. "Do mortgage rates vary by neighborhood? Implications for loan pricing and redlining," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 244-265, September.
- Neil Bhutta, 2008. "Giving credit where credit is due? the Community Reinvestment Act and mortgage lending in lower-income neighborhoods," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-61, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
KeywordsMortgages ; Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 ; Discrimination in mortgage loans ; Regression analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedppr:y:1994:p:223-243. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .