What have we learned about the benefits of private schooling?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henry M. Levin, 1998. "Educational vouchers: Effectiveness, choice, and costs," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 373-392.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reilee L. Berger & John V. Winters, 2016.
"Does Private Schooling Increase Adult Earnings? Cohort-Level Evidence for U.S. States,"
The Review of Regional Studies,
Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 46(3), pages 281-294, Winter.
- Berger, Reilee L. & Winters, John V., 2016. "Does Private Schooling Increase Adult Earnings? Cohort-Level Evidence for U.S. States," IZA Discussion Papers 10135, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lefebvre, Pierre & Merrigan, Philip & Verstraete, Matthieu, 2011.
"Public subsidies to private schools do make a difference for achievement in mathematics: Longitudinal evidence from Canada,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 79-98, February.
- Pierre Lefebvre & Philip Merrigan, 2009. "Public Subsidies to Private Schools Do Make a Difference for Achievement in Mathematics: Longitudinal Evidence from Canada," Cahiers de recherche 0935, CIRPEE.
- Aksoy, Tevfik & Link, Charles R., 2000. "A panel analysis of student mathematics achievement in the US in the 1990s: does increasing the amount of time in learning activities affect math achievement?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 261-277, June.
- Patrick McEwan, 2001. "The Effectiveness of Public, Catholic, and Non-Religious Private Schools in Chile's Voucher System," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 103-128.
- William G. Howell & Patrick J. Wolf & David E. Campbell & Paul E. Peterson, 2002. "School vouchers and academic performance: results from three randomized field trials," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(2), pages 191-217.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin, 2003. "Does Public School Competition Affect Teacher Quality?," NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of School Choice, pages 23-48 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2005.
"Selection on Observed and Unobserved Variables: Assessing the Effectiveness of Catholic Schools,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(1), pages 151-184, February.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2000. "Selection on Observed and Unobserved Variables: Assessing the Effectiveness of Catholic Schools," NBER Working Papers 7831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pablo González, 2002. "Lecciones de la investigación económica sobre el rol del sector privado en educación," Documentos de Trabajo 117, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1999. "Educational Production," NBER Working Papers 7349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lonnie Stevans & David Sessions, 2000. "Private/Public School Choice and Student Performance Revisited," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 169-184.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednep:y:1998:i:mar:p:79-86:n:v.4no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .