Market returns and mutual fund flows
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael J. Fleming & Eli M. Remolona, 1997. "What moves the bond market?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 31-50.
- Lee, Charles M C & Shleifer, Andrei & Thaler, Richard H, 1991.
" Investor Sentiment and the Closed-End Fund Puzzle,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 75-109, March.
- Charles Lee & Andrei Shleifer & Richard Thaler, 1990. "Investor Sentiment and the Closed-End Fund Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 3465, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Charles & Shleifer, Andrei & Thaler, Richard H., 1991. "Investor Sentiment and the Closed-End Fund Puzzle," Scholarly Articles 27693394, Harvard University Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raphaël Janssen & Romuald Morhs, 2015. "The interest rate sensitivity of Luxembourg bond funds: results from a time-varying model," BCL working papers 98, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Stefan Thurner & J. Doyne Farmer & John Geanakoplos, 2012.
"Leverage causes fat tails and clustered volatility,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(5), pages 695-707, February.
- Stefan Thurner & J. Doyne Farmer & John Geanakoplos, 2009. "Leverage Causes Fat Tails and Clustered Volatility," Papers 0908.1555, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2010.
- Stefan Thurner & J. Doyne Farmer & John Geanakoplos, 2010. "Leverage Causes Fat Tails and Clustered Volatility," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1745, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Stefan Thurner & J. Doyne Farmer & John Geanakoplos, 2010. "Leverage Causes Fat Tails and Clustered Volatility," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1745R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Nov 2011.
- David Ling & Gianluca Marcato & Pat McAllister, 2009. "Dynamics of Asset Prices and Transaction Activity in Illiquid Markets: the Case of Private Commercial Real Estate," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 359-383, October.
- Narulita, Wista A. & Parwada, Jerry T., 2012. "Evolution of a mutual fund market: Empirical analysis of simultaneous growth and decline by fund category in Indonesia," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 1217-1236.
- Peter Fortune, 1998. "Mutual funds, part II: fund flows and security returns," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 3-22.
- Vassilios Babalos & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Nicola Spagnolo, 2016.
"Equity Fund Flows and Stock Market Returns in the US before and after the Global Financial Crisis: A VAR-GARCH-in-mean Analysis,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
5932, CESifo Group Munich.
- Vassilios Babalos & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Nicola Spagnolo, 2016. "Equity Fund Flows and Stock Market Returns in the US before and after the Global Financial Crisis: A VAR-GARCH-In-Mean Analysis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1583, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jaebeom Kim & Jung-Min Kim, 2016. "Stock Returns and Mutual Fund Flows in the Korean Financial Market: A System Approach," Working Papers 2016-3, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Hong, Gwangheon & Lee, Bong Soo, 2011. "The trading behavior and price impact of foreign, institutional, individual investors and government: Evidence from Korean equity market," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 273-287.
- Poledna, Sebastian & Thurner, Stefan & Farmer, J. Doyne & Geanakoplos, John, 2014. "Leverage-induced systemic risk under Basle II and other credit risk policies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 199-212.
- Watson, John & Wickramanayake, J., 2012. "The relationship between aggregate managed fund flows and share market returns in Australia," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 451-472.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Nikolaos Philippas & Nikitas Pittis, 2004. "Feedbacks between mutual fund flows and security returns: evidence from the Greek capital market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(14), pages 981-989.
- Hiroatsu Tanaka & Naohiko Baba, 2003. "Optimal Timing in Trading Japanese Equity Mutual Funds: Theory and Evidence," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 03-E-2, Bank of Japan.
- Keith Cuthbertson & Dirk Nitzsche & Niall O' Sullivan, 2004. "UK Mutual Fund Performance: Genuine Stock-Picking Ability or Luck," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 55, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Philip Strahan, 1998. "Securities class actions, corporate governance and managerial agency problems," Research Paper 9816, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Cha, Heung-Joo & Kim, Jaebeom, 2010. "Stock returns and investment trust flows in the Japanese financial market: A system approach," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 327-332, August.
- David Ling & Andy Naranjo, 2006. "Dedicated REIT Mutual Fund Flows and REIT Performance," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 409-433, June.
- Tanaka, Hiroatsu & Baba, Naohiko, 2004. "Optimal Timing in Trading Japanese Equity Mutual Funds: Theory and Evidence," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 22(1), pages 91-121, March.
- Robert E. Litan, 1997. "Institutions and policies for maintaining financial stability," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 257-297.
- David Ling & Gianluca Marcato & Patrick McAllister, 2008. "The Dynamics of Asset Prices and Transaction Activity in Illiquid Markets: The Case of Private Commercial Real Estate," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2008-11, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Syriopoulos, Theodore, 2002. "Risk aversion and portfolio allocation to mutual fund classes," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 427-447.
- Nikolaos Antonakakis & Tsangyao Chang & Juncal Cunado & Rangan Gupta, 2016. "The Relationship between Commodity Markets and Commodity Mutual Funds: A Wavelet-Based Analysis," Working Papers 201619, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsMutual funds ; Stock - Prices;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednep:y:1997:i:jul:p:33-52:n:v.3no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.