Measuring commercial bank profitability: proceed with caution
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- R. Alton Gilbert & David C. Wheelock, 2007. "Measuring Commercial Bank Profitability: Proceed With Caution," NFI Working Papers 2007-WP-22, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Keeton, William & Kahn, George A. & Schroeder, Linda & Weiner, Stuart E., 2003. "The role of community banks in the U.S. economy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 15-43.
- James Harvey & Jane Padget, 2000. "Subchapter S : a new tool for enhancing the value of community banks," Financial Industry Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Dec, pages 17-32.
- Robert DeYoung & William Hunter & Gregory Udell, 2004.
"The Past, Present, and Probable Future for Community Banks,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 85-133, April.
- Robert DeYoung & William C. Hunter & Gregory F. Udell, 2003. "The past, present, and probable future for community banks," Working Paper Series WP-03-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Scott E. Hein & Timothy W. Koch & Steven Scott MacDonald, 2005. "On the uniqueness of community banks," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 1, pages 15-36.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Westort & Russ Kashian & Richard Cummings, 2010. "Does ownership form in community banking impact profitability?," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(2), pages 122-133, January.
- Banerjee, Sreejata & Velamuri, Malathi, 2015.
"The conundrum of profitability versus soundness for banks by ownership type: Evidence from the Indian banking sector,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 12-24.
- Sreejata Banerjee and Malathi Velamuri & Malathi Velamuri & Malathi Velamuri, 2015. "The Conundrum of Profitability Versus Soundness For Banks by Ownership Type: Evidence from the Indian Banking Sector," Working Papers 2015-111, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Hernández-Murillo, Rubén & Llobet, Gerard & Fuentes, Roberto, 2010. "Strategic online banking adoption," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1650-1663, July.
- Hernández-Murillo, Rubén & Llobet, Gerard & Fuentes, Roberto, 2010.
"Strategic online banking adoption,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1650-1663, July.
- Roberto Fuentes & Rubén Hernández-Murillo & Gerard Llobet, 2007. "Strategic online-banking adoption," Working Papers 2006-058, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Gaul, Lewis & Palvia, Ajay, 2013. "Are regulatory management evaluations informative about bank accounting returns and risk?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 1-21.
More about this item
KeywordsBank supervision ; Bank profits;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:2007:i:nov:p:515-532:n:v.89no.6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.