The discount window : time for reform?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thornton, Daniel L, 2000.
"Lifting the Veil of Secrecy from Monetary Policy: Evidence from the Fed's Early Discount Rate Policy,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(2), pages 155-167, May.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1998. "Lifting the veil of secrecy from monetary policy: evidence from the Fed's early discount rate policy," Working Papers 1998-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 2000.
"Reserve Banks, the Discount Rate Recommendation, and FOMC Policy,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 957-975, April.
- Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 1996. "Reserve banks, the discount rate recommendation, and FOMC policy," Working Papers 96-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M.M.G. Fase & W.F.V. Vanthoor, 2000.
"The Federal Reserve System Discussed: A Comparative Analysis,"
SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 10 edited by Morten Balling.
- M.M.G. Fase & W.F.V. Vanthoor, 2000. "The Federal Reserve System Discussed: A Comparative Analysis," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Nautz, Dieter & Scheithauer, Jan, 2011.
"Monetary policy implementation and overnight rate persistence,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1375-1386.
- Dieter Nautz & Jan Scheithauer, 2009. "Monetary Policy Implementation and Overnight Rate Persistence," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-053, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Nautz, Dieter & Scheithauer, Jan, 2010. "Monetary policy implementation and overnight rate persistence," Discussion Papers 2010/26, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Ali Darrat & Khaled Elkhal & Gaurango Banerjee & Maosen Zhong, 2004. "Why do US banks borrow from the Fed? A fresh look at the 'reluctance' phenomenon," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(7), pages 477-484.
- Kim, Iljoong & Kim, Inbae, 2007. "Endogenous selection of monetary institutions: With the case of discount windows and bureaucratic discretion," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 330-350, September.
- Furfine, Craig, 2001. "The reluctance to borrow from the Fed," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 209-213, August.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscount window ; Discount ; Monetary policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:2000:i:qii:p:1-20:n:v.85no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LDayrit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .