The discount window : time for reform?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thornton, Daniel L, 2000.
"Lifting the Veil of Secrecy from Monetary Policy: Evidence from the Fed's Early Discount Rate Policy,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(2), pages 155-167, May.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1998. "Lifting the veil of secrecy from monetary policy: evidence from the Fed's early discount rate policy," Working Papers 1998-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 2000.
"Reserve Banks, the Discount Rate Recommendation, and FOMC Policy,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 957-975, April.
- Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 1996. "Reserve banks, the discount rate recommendation, and FOMC policy," Working Papers 96-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nautz, Dieter & Scheithauer, Jan, 2011.
"Monetary policy implementation and overnight rate persistence,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1375-1386.
- Dieter Nautz & Jan Scheithauer, 2009. "Monetary Policy Implementation and Overnight Rate Persistence," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-053, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Nautz, Dieter & Scheithauer, Jan, 2010. "Monetary policy implementation and overnight rate persistence," Discussion Papers 2010/26, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- M.M.G. Fase & W.F.V. Vanthoor, 2000. "The Federal Reserve System Discussed: A Comparative Analysis," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 10 edited by Morten Balling.
- Ali Darrat & Khaled Elkhal & Gaurango Banerjee & Maosen Zhong, 2004. "Why do US banks borrow from the Fed? A fresh look at the 'reluctance' phenomenon," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(7), pages 477-484.
- Kim, Iljoong & Kim, Inbae, 2007. "Endogenous selection of monetary institutions: With the case of discount windows and bureaucratic discretion," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 330-350, September.
- Furfine, Craig, 2001. "The reluctance to borrow from the Fed," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 209-213, August.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscount window ; Discount ; Monetary policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:2000:i:qii:p:1-20:n:v.85no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LDayrit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.