The reluctance to borrow from the Fed
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stavros Peristiani, 1998. "The Growing Reluctance To Borrow At The Discount Window: An Empirical Investigation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 611-620, November.
- Craig S. Hakkio & Gordon H. Sellon, 2000. "The discount window : time for reform?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 1-20.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Green, Christopher & Bai, Ye & Murinde, Victor & Ngoka, Kethi & Maana, Isaya & Tiriongo, Samuel, 2016. "Overnight interbank markets and the determination of the interbank rate: A selective survey," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 149-161.
- Güntner, Jochen H.F., 2015.
"The federal funds market, excess reserves, and unconventional monetary policy,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 225-250.
- Jochen Güntner, 2013. "The federal funds market, excess reserves, and unconventional monetary policy," Economics working papers 2013-12, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Nicole Boyson & Jean Helwege & Jan Jindra, 2014. "Crises, Liquidity Shocks, and Fire Sales at Commercial Banks," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 43(4), pages 857-884, December.
- Céline Gauthier & Alfred Lehar & Héctor Pérez Saiz & Moez Souissi, 2015. "Emergency Liquidity Facilities, Signalling and Funding Costs," Staff Working Papers 15-44, Bank of Canada.
- Huberto Ennis & John Weinberg, 2013.
"Over-the-counter loans, adverse selection, and stigma in the interbank market,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 16(4), pages 601-616, October.
- Huberto M. Ennis & John A. Weinberg, 2010. "Over-the-counter loans, adverse selection, and stigma in the interbank market," Working Paper 10-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Benjamin M. Blau & Scott E. Hein & Ryan J. Whitby, 2016. "The Financial Impact Of Lender-Of-Last-Resort Borrowing From The Federal Reserve During The Financial Crisis," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 39(2), pages 179-206, June.
- Artuç, Erhan & Demiralp, Selva, 2010.
"Discount window borrowing after 2003: The explicit reduction in implicit costs,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 825-833, April.
- Selva Demiralp & Erhan Artuç, 2007. "Discount Window Borrowing after 2003: The Explicit Reduction in Implicit Costs," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 0708, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Luís Fonseca & Matteo Crosignani & Miguel Faria-e-Castro, 2015. "Central Bank Interventions, Demand for Collateral, and Sovereign Borrowing Costs," Working Papers w201509, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Freixas, Xavier & Rochet, Jean-Charles & Parigi, Bruno M., 2003.
"The lender of last resort: a 21st century approach,"
Working Paper Series
298, European Central Bank.
- Freixas, Xavier & Parigi, Bruno M. & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2003. "The Lender of Last Resort: A 21th Century Approach," IDEI Working Papers 215, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno M. Parigi & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2003. "The lender of last resort: A 21st Century approach," Economics Working Papers 708, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Bouwman, Christa H. S., 2013. "Liquidity: How Banks Create It and How It Should Be Regulated," Working Papers 13-32, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Ennis, Huberto M. & Weinberg, John A., 2009. "A model of stigma in the fed funds market," UC3M Working papers. Economics we095937, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Cassola, Nuno & Ejerskov, Steen & Ewerhart, Christian & Valla, Natacha, 2004. "Sporadic manipulation in money markets with central bank standing facilities," Working Paper Series 399, European Central Bank.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:193-220 is not listed on IDEAS
- Armantier, Olivier & Ghysels, Eric & Sarkar, Asani & Shrader, Jeffrey, 2015.
"Discount window stigma during the 2007–2008 financial crisis,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 317-335.
- Armantier, Olivier & Ghysels, Eric & Sarkar, Asani & Shrader, Jeffrey, 2011. "Discount window stigma during the 2007-2008 financial crisis," Staff Reports 483, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Aug 2015.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:47:y:2017:i:c:p:131-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Helwege, Jean & Boyson, Nicole M. & Jindra, Jan, 2017. "Thawing frozen capital markets and backdoor bailouts: Evidence from the Fed's liquidity programs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 92-119.
- repec:eee:jfinin:v:32:y:2017:i:c:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikolaou, Kleopatra, 2009. "Liquidity (risk) concepts: definitions and interactions," Working Paper Series 1008, European Central Bank.
- Kroeger, Alexander & McGowan, John & Sarkar, Asani, 2017. "The pre-crisis monetary policy implementation framework," Staff Reports 809, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 May 2018.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:72:y:2001:i:2:p:209-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.