Banks affiliated with bank holding companies: a new look at their performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Samuel H. Talley, 1972. "The effect of holding company acquisitions on bank performance," Staff Studies 69, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rhoades, Stephen A. & Rutz, Roger D., 1982. "The impact of bank holding companies on local market rivalry and performance," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 355-365.
- Larry A. Frieder & Vincent P. Apilado, 1983. "Bank Holding Company Expansion: A Refocus On Its Financial Rationale," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 6(1), pages 67-81, March.
- James P. Bedingfield & Philip M. J. Reckers & A. J. Stagliano, 1985. "Distributions Of Financial Ratios In The Commercial Banking Industry," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 8(1), pages 77-81, March.
- Smith, David L, 1971. "The Performance of Merging Banks," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 184-192, April.
- John R. Walter & Walter A. Varvel, 1975. "A valuation approach to bank holding company acquisitions," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jul, pages 9-15.
- Mingo, John J., 1975. "Capital Management and Profitability of Prospective Holding Company Banks," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 191-203, June.
- Wall, Larry D., 1987. "Has bank holding companies' diversification affected their risk of failure?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 313-326, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:finana:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:144-158 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBank holding companies ; Bank affiliates;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfer:y:1988:i:fall:p:29-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Research Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbsfus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.