Maintaining price stability in a global economy
Inflation has risen of late, reflecting higher prices for many commodities. The inflation rate is likely to peak around the middle of 2011 and then return to an annual level of about 1¼ to 1½%. A sustained period of high inflation is very unlikely and the Fed will act quickly and decisively to ensure price stability. The following is adapted from a presentation made by the president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco to Town Hall Los Angeles on May 4, 2011.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): may9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 7702, San Francisco, CA 94120-7702|
Phone: (415) 974-2000
Fax: (415) 974-3333
Web page: http://www.frbsf.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly,"
Princeton University Press,
edition 1, number 8973, 01-2013.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Matthew Raskin & Julie Remache & Brian P. Sack, 2010.
"Large-scale asset purchases by the Federal Reserve: did they work?,"
441, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Matthew Raskin & Julie Remache & Brian P. Sack, 2011. "Large-scale asset purchases by the Federal Reserve: did they work?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 41-59.
- Alan S. Blinder & Ricardo Reis, 2005.
"Understanding the Greenspan Standard,"
88, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Alan S. Blinder & Ricardo Reis, 2005. "Understanding the Greenspan standard," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Aug, pages 11-96.
- Christopher Erceg & Luca Guerrieri & Steven B. Kamin, 2011. "Did Easy Money in the Dollar Bloc Fuel the Oil Price Run-Up?," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 7(1), pages 131-160, March.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Robert W. Rich & Charles Steindel, 2005. "A review of core inflation and an evaluation of its measures," Staff Reports 236, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Hess Chung & Jean-Philippe Laforte & David L. Reifschneider & John C. Williams, 2011.
"Have we underestimated the likelihood and severity of zero lower bound events?,"
Working Paper Series
2011-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Hess Chung & Jean‐Philippe Laforte & David Reifschneider & John C. Williams, 2012. "Have We Underestimated the Likelihood and Severity of Zero Lower Bound Events?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44, pages 47-82, 02.
- repec:pri:cepsud:114blinderreis is not listed on IDEAS
- Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2010. "The Fed's exit strategy for monetary policy," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jun14.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfel:y:2011:i:may9:n:2011-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Noah Pollaczek)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.