Can young Americans compete in a global economy?
Young Americans have to compete for jobs not only with other Americans but also with qualified job-seekers worldwide. Are they ready for the challenge? This Letter sheds new light on the question by analyzing data from the International Adult Literacy Survey (IALS).
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): jul18 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (415) 974-2000
Fax: (415) 974-3333
Web page: http://www.frbsf.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2001.
"Do Cognitive Test Scores Explain Higher US Wage Inequality?,"
NBER Working Papers
8210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2005. "Do Cognitive Test Scores Explain Higher U.S. Wage Inequality?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 184-193, February.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence Kahn, 2004. "Do Cognitive Test Scores Explain Higher U.S. Wage Inequality?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1139, CESifo Group Munich.
- Elizabeth Cascio & Damon Clark & Nora Gordon, 2008.
"Education and the Age Profile of Literacy into Adulthood,"
NBER Working Papers
14073, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elizabeth Cascio & Damon Clark & Nora Gordon, 2008. "Education and the Age Profile of Literacy into Adulthood," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 47-70, Summer.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfel:y:2008:i:jul18:n:2008-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Rosenberger)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.