Should bank reserves earn interest?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bacchetta, Philippe & Caminal, Ramon, 1994. "A note on reserve requirements and public finance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 107-118.
- Sargent, Thomas & Wallace, Neil, 1985. "Interest on reserves," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 279-290, May.
- Bruce D. Smith, 1991.
"Interest on Reserves and Sunspot Equilibria: Friedman's Proposal Reconsidered,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(1), pages 93-105.
- Smith, B.D., 1988. "Interest On Reserves And Sunspot Equilibria: Friedman'S Proposal Reconsidered," RCER Working Papers 119, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Auernheimer, Leonardo, 1974. "The Honest Government's Guide to the Revenue from the Creation of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 598-606, May/June.
- Freeman, Scott, 1987. "Reserve requirements and optimal seigniorage," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 307-314, March.
- Haslag, Joseph H. & Hein, Scott E., 1995.
"Does it matter how monetary policy is implemented?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 359-386, April.
- Haslag, Joseph H. & Hein, Scott E., 1990. "Does it matter how monetary policy is implemented?," Working Papers 9009, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Haslag, Joseph H., 1993. "Does it matter how monetary policy is implemented?," Working Papers 9310, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Romer, David, 1985. "Financial intermediation, reserve requirements, and inside money: A general equilibrium analysis," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 175-194, September.
- Joshua N. Feinman, 1993. "Reserve requirements: history, current practice, and potential reform," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jun, pages 569-589.
- Diamond, Peter A & Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "Optimal Taxation and Public Production II: Tax Rules," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(3), pages 261-278, June.
- George S. Tolley, 1957. "Providing for Growth of the Money Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 465-465.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gomis-Porqueras, Pedro & Peralta-Alva, Adrian, 2010.
"Optimal monetary and fiscal policies in a search theoretic model of monetary exchange,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, pages 331-344.
- Pere Gomis-Porqueras & Adrian Peralta-Alva, 2007. "Optimal Monetary and Fiscal Policies in a Search Theoretic Model of Monetary Exchange," 2007 Meeting Papers 84, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Pedro Gomis-Porqueras & Adrian Peralta-Alva, 2008. "Optimal monetary and fiscal policies in a search theoretic model of monetary exchange," Working Papers 2008-015, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Michael Tindall & Roger Spencer, 2000. "Central bank reserve management: Aggregate targets and interest payments on reserves," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 6(2), pages 178-191, May.
- Bindseil, Ulrich, 1997. "Reserve requirements and economic stabilization," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 1997,01e, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Bindseil, Ulrich, 1997. "Die Stabilisierungswirkungen von Mindestreserven," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 1997,01, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- VanHoose, David D. & Humphrey, David B., 2001. "Sweep accounts, reserve management, and interest rate volatility1," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 387-404.
- David VanHoose, 2008. "Interest on Reserves: Implications for Banking and Policymaking," NFI Policy Briefs 2008-PB-05, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedder:y:1995:i:qiv:p:25-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.