Is there any rationale for reserve requirements?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sargent, Thomas & Wallace, Neil, 1985. "Interest on reserves," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 279-290, May.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1980. "Banking in the theory of finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-57, January.
- Smith, Bruce D, 1991. "Bank Panics, Suspensions, and Geography: Some Notes on the "Contagion of Fear" in Banking," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(2), pages 230-248, April.
- John C. Partlan & Kausar Hamdani & Kathleen M. Camilli, 1986. "Reserves forecasting for open market operations," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Spr, pages 19-33.
- Barro, Robert J., 1982. "Measuring the Fed's revenue from money creation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 327-332.
- Thomas Mayer, 1966. "Interest Payments On Required Reserve Balances," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 21(1), pages 116-118, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcer:y:1991:i:qiii:p:2-17:n:v.27no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbclus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.