Crunching the recovery: bank capital and the role of bank credit
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard F. Syron, 1991. "Are we experiencing a credit crunch?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 3-10.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Cara S. Lown, 1991. "The Credit Crunch," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(2), pages 205-248.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Albert M. Wojnilower, 1980. "The Central Role of Credit Crunches in Recent Financial History," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 11(2), pages 277-340.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Nan-Kuang, 2001. "Bank net worth, asset prices and economic activity," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 415-436, October.
- Chen, Nan-Kuang, 2001. "Asset price fluctuations in Taiwan: evidence from stock and real estate prices 1973 to 1992," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 215-232.
- Nan-Kuang Chen & Charles Leung, 2008. "Asset Price Spillover, Collateral and Crises: with an Application to Property Market Policy," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 351-385, November.
- Ali Choudhary & Amjad Ali & Shah Hussain & Vasco J. Gabriel, 2012.
"Bank Lending and Monetary Shocks: Evidence from a Developing Economy,"
SBP Working Paper Series
45, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- M. Ali Choudhary & Amjad Ali & Shah Hussain & Vasco J Gabriel, 2012. "Bank Lending and Monetary Shocks: Evidence from a Developing Economy," Working Papers id:4771, eSocialSciences.
- Jose E. Gomez-Gonzalez & Ali M. Kutan & Jair N. Ojeda-Joya & María Camila Ortiz, 2016. "The Bank Lending Channel of Monetary Policy: Does the Financial Structure of Banks Matter," Borradores de Economia 953, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Lynn Elaine Browne, 2001. "Does Japan offer any lessons for the United States?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 3-18.
- Minetti, Raoul, 2007. "Bank capital, firm liquidity, and project quality," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(8), pages 2584-2594, November.
More about this item
KeywordsNew England ; Bank supervision ; Bank capital ; Bank loans;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbcp:y:1992:p:151-186:n:36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catherine Spozio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .