Testing weak exogeneity by multivariate cointegration techniques : the demand for labour in Finnish manufacturing
The study examines the efficiency of the single-equation approach in modelling employment determination in the context ofFinnish labour market data. The task is accomplished by using the multivariate cointegration techniques developed in Johansen (1988) and Johansen and Juselius (1990). The results suggest that the weak exogeneity of the conventional conditioning variables, including output, capital stock, wages, product prices and material prices cannot be taken for granted. The possibility of the loss of information involved in contemporaneous conditioning implies that care should be taken in applying single-equation methods to Finnish labour market data.
Volume (Year): 7 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 (Autumn)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.taloustieteellinenyhdistys.fi|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wren-Lewis, Simon, 1986. "An Econometric Model of U.K. Manufacturing Employment Using Survey Data on Expected Output," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(4), pages 297-316, October.
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-472, August.
- Ilmakunnas, Pekka, 1989. "Survey Expectations vs. Rational Expectations in the Estimation of a Dynamic Model: Demand for Labour in Finnish Manufacturing," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(3), pages 297-314, August.
- Holm, Pasi & Honkapohja, Seppo & Koskela, Erkki, 1994. "A monopoly-union model of wage determination with capital and taxes: An empirical application to the Finnish manufacturing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 285-303, February.
- Harvey, A C, et al, 1986. "Stochastic Trends in Dynamic Regression Models: An Application to the Employment-Output Equations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(384), pages 975-985, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fep:journl:v:7:y:1994:i:2:p:108-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Editorial Secretary)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.