Multilateral and Bilateral Meetings with Production Heterogeneity
We study different trading processes in the context of a search-based model of endogenous money. We incorporate heterogeneity into the model by allowing multiple meetings of agents and divisible production. We then determine the equilibrium using three different trading mechanisms: auctions, pairwise bargaining and price posting. The welfare under these mechanisms is compared using specific functional forms for utility and cost functions. The analysis is done numerically with the bench mark of a social welfare maximising planner.
Volume (Year): 16 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (Spring)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.taloustieteellinenyhdistys.fi|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jansen, Marcel, 2010. "Job auctions and hold-ups," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 608-619, June.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1993. "A Search-Theoretic Approach to Monetary Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 63-77, March.
- Peters, Michael, 1992. "On the Efficiency of Ex Ante and Ex Post Pricing Institutions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 2(1), pages 85-101, January.
- Trejos, Alberto & Wright, Randall, 1995. "Search, Bargaining, Money, and Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 118-41, February.
- Lu, Xiaohua & McAfee, R. Preston, 1996. "The Evolutionary Stability of Auctions over Bargaining," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 228-254, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fep:journl:v:16:y:2003:i:1:p:27-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Editorial Secretary)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.