World Equity Markets: A New Approach for Segmentation (in English)
This paper is an assessment of international equity-market integration and uses an innovative approach to segment equity markets into related geographic areas. The authors´ focus is on the relationships among the returns of the dominant national equity indexes by continent. To understand how these indexes have evolved, the authors will concentrate on a reduced number of dimensions extracted from principal components analysis. They will demonstrate that each one of these components is particularly associated with certain groups of nations and less associated with others.
Volume (Year): 56 (2006)
Issue (Month): 7-8 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Opletalova 26, CZ-110 00 Prague|
Phone: +420 2 222112330
Fax: +420 2 22112304
Web page: http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George J. Feeney & Donald D. Hester, 1964. "Stock Market Indices: A Principal Components Analysis," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 175, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Engle, Robert F. & Ng, Victor K. & Rothschild, Michael, 1990.
"Asset pricing with a factor-arch covariance structure : Empirical estimates for treasury bills,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 213-237.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor Ng & Michael Rothschild, 1988. "Asset Pricing with a Factor Arch Covariance Structure: Empirical Estimates for Treasury Bills," NBER Technical Working Papers 0065, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394-394.
- Lam Swee Sum & Ang William Wee-Lian, 2006. "Globalization and Stock Market Returns," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Henry Kaiser, 1974. "An index of factorial simplicity," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 39(1), pages 31-36, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:fauart:v:56:y:2006:i:7-8:p:344-360. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.